Cancelled service

Oh, I do watch my account like a hawk. I am definitely not saying that mistakes don't happen. See my post in this thread: 45 minutes with DISH Loyalty
I am just saying that purchasing from Dish puts more of the burden on Dish to prove that they did not sell it to me, since they are the ones who actually sold it to me in the first place. I understand that with something expensive like the H3, a significant amount of money can be saved by purchasing it elsewhere. For something like a Wally, not so much.

Understand

Reactions: pattykay
That should be as easy as pulling up your bill history to show, but I would be very v are full because as stated, you may have just bought the WAP, since those do not come free, or had an upgrade fee, which also would keep it leased. I’m not saying you didn’t purchase it, just that there is more that could contribute to the position currently.

If you cancel your service and turn in the rest of your equipment, what’s the point, other than you bought it, for keeping it? On it’s own, it’s useless

If you cancel your service and turn in the rest of your equipment, what’s the point, other than you bought it, for keeping it? On it’s own, it’s useless

1. Don’t have to pay monthly “leased receiver tax”
2. I can resell it on Ebay and get quite a bit of my money back
3. Don’t need a roll truck. can install it however and wherever I want

How does that tax work in your state? How can the state know whether you own the receiver instead of leasing it, when the fee is the same regardless?

1. Don’t have to pay monthly “leased receiver tax”
2. I can resell it on Ebay and get quite a bit of my money back
3. Don’t need a roll truck. can install it however and wherever I want
I hear you, good points, but 1 and 3 don't apply if you don't have service and how much you think you can sell a used receiver for on ebay?? Asking seriously, since I've never looked

How does that tax work in your state? How can the state know whether you own the receiver instead of leasing it, when the fee is the same regardless?

Dish reports to the state the monthly rate you pay for leasing a receiver, and you pay the leased receiver tax on it every month. I lease my Hopper for $15 per month, less $5 discount, so it’s about $2 a month. We don’t have a satellite tax, but this leased receiver tax is something people pay on copiers, office equipment etc also.

They made us purchase access point for wireless Joey. True its useless because we no longer have need for Joey while running second bedroom TV off Denon AVR pass through for a little nighttime TV viewing before bed.

Not quite. There are certain models of receivers (ViP and older, with purple G3 Smart Cards) that still work for free preview channels and other free channels when they are deactivated, as long as you keep them connected to a satellite signal. Also, older DVRs will still play existing recordings even when they are deactivated. For example, I have a purchased 512 filled with recently recorded Perry Mason episodes from FETV for my dad to watch, and that receiver has not been activated for years.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I sent back to Dish a dead receiver that was still listed on my account a month after they received it. I keep the tracking number info from UPS, just in case they decide that they never received it. I always staple my receipts to the instruction manual for every thing that I buy. I keep them in a file cabinet in a pend-da-flex folder labeled instruction manuals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)