Cancom announces Fight Network

BTW: The holding company that has 20% of TFN is publicly traded in the US under the symbol BKMP.

This news might give it a good pop.

Jumbo Dumbo said:
That's why it is being put on Anik F1R - to feed US satellite/cable head ends as well as Canadian.

It's not considered a SRDU channel and not going to be listed on it niether. I am trying to find out for sure through my sales rep. at Cancom, if U.S. cable headends will be able to subscribe or will TFN appear on another satellite used primarly for U.S. cable head ends. If I find out something, I will be more than glad to pass it on.

Fight Network Flying High on Cancom

The Fight Network has signed a full service distribution agreement with Canadian Satellite Communications, Inc. (Cancom) to provide The Fight Network with uplink services for its 24 hour television channel across North America beginning February 1st.

Currently, some 400 English, French and multilingual signals are offered via 45 Anik F1R and F2 transponders.

"This is a significant moment for us here at The Fight Network," said Mike Garrow, President of the network. "By having our signal available on the Cancom satellite allows us to make our channel available to all Cable, Satellite and Telco providers throughout North America. This agreement goes hand in hand with our expansion plans for The Fight Network brand and we look forward to 'Getting It On' for consumers throughout North America in the coming months," he added.

The Fight Network is a cross-platform media brand with interest in television, radio, print and online content offerings.

The Fight Network is described as the first and only all-combatant sports and entertainment channel that delivers the very best in boxing, pro wrestling, mixed martial arts and other combatant styles, along with top-notch "fight theme" movies, documentaries and news, 24 hours a day.

Cancom manages one of North America's largest full-service commercial signal distribution networks with unparalleled technical service, delivering more television and radio signals to North American broadcast redistributors than any other single-source satellite supplier.

Blackout Media Corp. is a holding company with an interest in Blackout Communications, who is a diversified media and entertainment company conducting operations in digital television, VOD, PPV, radio the internet and print under the brand name "The Fight Network."

http://www.cablecastermagazine.com/issues/ISArticle.asp?id=52144&issue=01312006

So, how many channels did EVU add in 2005?

The Fight Network 24/7 all fights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)