Can't get locals

TFLeonard

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
All of a sudden I'm unable to get my NYCity standard def locals (I think these were on 61.5).

When I try to tune in on one (WNET Channel 13, for example), I get a black screen and then a swith error message. I do a check switch, which seems to take a lot more time passing test 1, which passes and sees all three satelites on both tuners (I have a 622 with 3 dishes and a SW64).

It then downloads a new guide but I no longer see the orginal CBSHD in the channel 9000 range. Has this been eliminated?

I can get the NY HD Locals in the 6500 range, including CBSHD there, but tuning to the SD locals still gives me an error.

Is this a hardware/software issue I should take up with Dish tech support, or is this a "Spot beam" or Distant Network issue that somehow is affecting me?

NY sd are split on two locations 110/119. Those on 110 are on spotbeams while the major ones are on 119, the HD locals are on 61.5 and are 6300-6303. I still have WNET which is on 119 and is not a spotbeam. You should have not problem getting the other channels as well. You probably have a problem with either your wiring or switch, check you connections. Also the CBS-HD feed at 9483 was shut off as part of the distant locals.