Can't record HBO VOD Shows?

JDiefenderfer

Original poster
Jul 29, 2015
Montana
Good day Gang,

New to Dish and new to the world of DVR'ing. Since I have so much space on the Hooper DVR I want to record all of The Newsroom episodes. However, while I have located the show I do not have any record option. What may I be doing wrong?

TIA,
James

I know it sounds odd, but just need to make sure you are hitting that record button on your remote. If that's not working, how are you searching for the show? is this On Demand or are you finding it in your guide?

I know it sounds odd, but just need to make sure you are hitting that record button on your remote. If that's not working, how are you searching for the show? is this On Demand or are you finding it in your guide?

OnDemand>HBO>Series>The NewsRoom

The only option is to watch now. It wants to treat it like a "rental".

When you "rent" (Watch Now) you are in essence, recording. It is saved to your hard drive. Only difference is the 30 day expiration. If it runs out before you watch it, just "rent" it again. If you have HBO and a Roku or other device that has the HBO GO app, you can just watch with it. Yes, if you drop HBO, then you are without.

OH, if you do go with two Hoppers, Dish will tell you you you have to have a Joey with each one (unless that has changed). Just agree, then tell the installer you don't want them.

Last edited:
When you download VOD that is the equivalent of recording it, the difference is you can only watch it for a specified time and you can't archive it. Actually watching HBO programming movies or shows is just like watching any other channel. That content can be recorded and archived.

Yes, "rent" the episodes (I wouldn't do them all at once because they expire as others have noted). You don't have to watch them right away either - they will be in your "DVR" menu under "Rentals".

DISH NET SATALLITE problem

211k Dish Receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)