Can't set TV1 timer with TV2 remote?

maximum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Phoenix
As I understand it, when you set the Record Plus feature to use a default tuner it will automatically pick the other tuner to record if the default one has an event conflict. It works fine if I use the TV1 remote to set a timer. But if I use the TV2 remote to set a timer it always wants to use TV2 tuner to record no matter what. If there is a conflict it won't switch to TV1, it just displays the conflict screen. If I go use the TV1 remote to set the exact same timer it picks TV1. I even tried switching the default tuner to TV1 but it still picks TV2 if I set a timer with the TV2 remote. It's as if the TV2 remote can only set a timer for the TV2 tuner. :mad:

Has anyone else seen this problem?

That's what I've heard. They say it's supposed to send the timer to the 'less-used' TV.
That's why I just turn OFF Record Plus. I don't like it at all... If I set a timer on TV1, that means I WANT it on TV1!

I have the same problem. If I turn off record plus I can set up a recording on TV1. Then when I'm finished, I have to turn it on again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts