Can't use slingbox classic or sling adapter for second 722k dvr??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

turbocharger

Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
CT
so i just got three DVRs...one is 922k and other two are 722k..Since i already have slingbox built in 922k, dish guy told me that i'm not allow to use slingbox classic(i already have it) or sling adapter on 722k because it's illegal. if i use slingbox classic, dish network will find out easily..is that true, guys?? :confused: i have big family so some of us need to watch tv via slingbox...please help! thanks!

Utter rubbish! It's not illegal at all, and Dish (who own Sling Media nowadays) will be happy to sell you more equipment.

yea thats what i thought....i asked him how can dish network find out if i'm using sling adapter for 722k and he said they will find out because of internet IP address....so i didn't like the idea that dish network "snooping" my dvr even though adding sling adapter is legal....is that true??

yea thats what i thought....i asked him how can dish network find out if i'm using sling adapter for 722k and he said they will find out because of internet IP address....so i didn't like the idea that dish network "snooping" my dvr even though adding sling adapter is legal....is that true??

No. They don't snoop your DVR. Except for accessing your DVR recordings via Sling.

Of course... they would see your home's IP address... its the SINGULAR IP ADDRESS THE ISP GIVES YOU.. LOL !!!

so Dish could see you coming at them 3 4 or 50 times.. it wouldn't make a difference.

Now .... Caveat Emptor ... When you use Dish Remote Access or Dish Online, or the Android app (and presume its the same for the iphone) the last connected Sling (922/722 with adapter) device, will be the one defaulted to, for the next login.

You & Jr. mess with the sling stuffs.. you exit, Jr. doesn't ... when JR. goes to look at something on his DVR, he made sure the top left showed *his* DVR (if not the user for tuner 2 on your box)... the next time *you* log in, what ever the last DVR was selected by Jr. is the DVR you'll be presented with first.

Keep in mind they don't play well with upload speed .... and your home router can be taxed by someone playing a Multiplayer game, as well as the other upload users.

The only reason Dish knows when you're using a sling adapter on your 722 is because the receiver is designed to acknowledge it and your receiver reports back to Dish's servers that it has a sling adapter connected when it phone's home. The reason that's good is because then your dish.com account will know it's connected and let you access those features. Call center techs can also see it's connected for troubleshooting purposes.

In order for a receiver to detect a sling classic, it would have to be snooping on your network traffic and be looking for that. It may violate Dish's contracts with their content providers for you to use a sling classic on some technical level, so a Dish employee isn't going to encourage that. Also if that Dish employee can get you to buy another 922, then that'll help their 401k, ya know?

well actually, i have two different ISPs at my home....one is DSL(work) and other is cable....so, would that cause problem if each sling has different IP addresses??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)