Capturing video on PC

PMWSpender

Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Santa Cruz
I was wondering if it is possible to capture video from a VIP722 to my PC via a tuner card or any other method? When I had Comcast I could connect the cable box via firewire and could record live tv on my PC, is anything like that possible with Dish Network?

No simple right now

I was wondering if it is possible to capture video from a VIP722 to my PC via a tuner card or any other method? When I had Comcast I could connect the cable box via firewire and could record live tv on my PC, is anything like that possible with Dish Network?

It isn't simple to do this right now. At the CES stuff that Sling showed will make it much easier.

I agree with the other replies. One point of clarification though, most of the time you'll see the 1212 referred to as the Hauppauge HD PVR.

I am interested in this. feed the output of a receiver, any receiver to a computer with a big hugger hard drive.,

does it look like a regular DVR menu? click and play?

been analyzing my tv viewing most of what I watch are re runs.

Worlds toughest fixes, dirtyiest jobs, how its made. twilight zone.

Why pay for programming when I can jst create the bob haller network of my favorite shows?

If you have a windows computer software comes with the 1212. I have a linux machine running mythtv and it works great. No idea what the windows menu looks like. The mythtv menu looks like a typical dvr menu. If you want to devote a computer to this mythbuntu is a great way to do it. (All the software is free with the mythbuntu option).

i do it all the time, my tv2 is split to my pc ,mstr bdrm and garage. i use r/f into the tuner card, view, record, and burn with windows media center. a few things i have learned with this set up .... the quality of the burnt disc are slightly less than that of a store bought dvd, when playing back/recording a program to the pc any pausing or rewinding will be on the burnt disc ( duh ) , burning a HD program is a waste of time due to picture quality issues and play back on a standard tv ( aspect ratio ). when recording to the pc start after opening credits and stop before ending credits to help ensure it will all fit on the disc. Actually i dont do it all the time but have done it enough to know with the right software, discs, disc drives and tuner card the results can be very good. the only thing i bought were the discs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts