Card swap

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I just got a call from a place where I maintain about 30 DISH receivers connected to 110' 118.7 and 119 through DP34s. It is a language lab at a university. I think four of the receivers were 301s and the rest were 311s. I personally updated the software maybe four months ago, but the chances are, they have missed subsequent revision since then on many of the receivers. There are separate stacked DPP singles for 110 and 119.

They just called me and said that they had tried to instal the new cards they just received and now they have lost 118.7 on all the receivers. They insist they were getting 118.7 before they installed the new cards. They had DISH try to walk them through this over the phone, but were advised they need a tchnician to do antenna repair.

If CSRs from any company but DISH made that diagnosis over the phone, I'd figure it was accurate, but this is DISH and it just doesn't seem likely that the antenna feed went bad at the exact same time they7 swapped the cards. Does anyone have any ideas before I embark.

I just called the language lab manager back. Looks like they sent cards for the 311s but not for the 301s, Looks like they inserted maybe a dozen or so cards into some of the previously cardless 311s and those are the ones that are now not seeing 118.7, but they say the lab, which has nine 311s and four 301 but where they haven't yet swapped any cards, still has access to 118.7 programming.

So maybe I have to take tthe card out of the "cardless" receivers, call for the software revision, and then insert the new card?

If the cards don't match up to the receiver, they should lose programming I think. I would pull the new cards, do a hard reset (unplug them), and then see what you have after reboot. If all is well, then reinsert the correct card for each receiver. Otherwise, you may need to contact E* to get the receivers reauthorized if they have a trap that detects card/receiver mismatches.

Are they getting no signal on 118 or no programming from 118?

All the subbed packages are pre-programmed on the cards before they ship them, so they could have forgotten to add the international programming.

I was going to ask the same question. Have they lost signal or programming?

Last edited:
Much ado about nothing. 118.7 was out for the entire system due to a bad LNB power supply, but they didn't realize it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts