CFL GM: Clarett should stay in school

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

James

2004 NL MVP
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
AP Sports Article via Yahoo! Sports

I'd have to agree. Clarett wasn't even in the top 5 running backs last year in college. He fit in well with a great college team. Doesn't mean such a small body could take a hit from Ray Lewis.

If he moved to another Division I-A school, he would also have to sit out a transfer year. If he transferred to a school in Divisions I-AA, II or III, though, he would not have to sit out the transfer year.
I just can't see him giving up two years. He either needs to patch things up with OSU or figure out how to convince GMs that he is good enough.

I must say that I would like to see it all work out and MoC return next year... but IMHO, that will never take place...

Let's go over a few items that will prevent it from taking place...

1) MOC take his classes for a year and study strictly as a student and pass them all - Not likely.. but possible..

2) MOC keeps his mouth shut and stays out of trouble including any publicity for himself that would be viewed negatively by the Administration - Highly unlikely...

3) MOC pay restitution of the thousands of dollars so OSU can donate it to charity? Plllleeeaaaaasssseee.... where is he going to get any $$$$ to repay it?

In summary... IMHO, believe the chances of MOC playing in an OSU uniform again is about eight million to one...

I think you are correct, but would you risk a first round pick on the guy?

I’d say no since there should be some good backs coming out this year. Why waste it on an unproven bigmouth?
I say he should pack for Grambling.

Actually Grambling might be good for all parties. That way he doesn't piss off the NFL and he helps out small colleges. I doubt he sees it that way, but we can hope.

Looks like Clarett is recognizing he screwed up, and is staying at Ohio State. Good luck to Grambling, now tell Doug Williams to quit recruiting players who are still on scholarship at other universities. I imagine that may draw some NCAA interest.

Very good point John. I never thought about it that way. I would assume Grambling is or has gotten a call from the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)