Channel Changing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brooklyndude

Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
New York
Hi,

Question here. Hope you guys can help me. I've been a DTV subscriber for 5 years now. I get Sunday Ticket in HD. Beautiful of course.

Why does it take about 4 or 5 seconds to change channels? I have a DVR -HD box. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the box? Does anyone else have this annoying problem?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

Question here. Hope you guys can help me. I've been a DTV subscriber for 5 years now. I get Sunday Ticket in HD. Beautiful of course.

Why does it take about 4 or 5 seconds to change channels? I have a DVR -HD box. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the box? Does anyone else have this annoying problem?

Thanks,

Phil

Usually it's 2 seconds on avg. that is normal.
A lot depends on your set up and the model you have.

What model recvr are you using ?
Is your Native setting on or off ?

HR21

My HR21 typically takes 4 to 5 seconds.

I have a HR21 also. So you're in the same boat as me. Of course the Non-hd in the bedroom changes in a second but it's really annoying trying to watch all those games at once. Guess I have to live with it.

Also, when switching to 702 with the 8 games on 1 screen, why does it take about 20 seconds for the cursor to appear?

What does native mode do?

Native determines whether the resolution is set by the recvr or your TV.
Actually, in one setting (I always get them confused) the recvr passes the signal directvy thru to the TV and the TV does the processing.
The other, the recvr does the processing and then send the signal to the TV which in turn does more processing to show it on your TV.

The second description is the one that takes more time so theres more of a lag when changing channels.

Native determines whether the resolution is set by the recvr or your TV.
Actually, in one setting (I always get them confused) the recvr passes the signal directvy thru to the TV and the TV does the processing.
The other, the recvr does the processing and then send the signal to the TV which in turn does more processing to show it on your TV.

The second description is the one that takes more time so theres more of a lag when changing channels.

Thanks Jimbo. I'll take a look.

if native mode is ON then the signal is processed to set the TV resolution to the match signal being received. one problem i have seen is that if the station is showing a commercial that is SD, it will set the TV to 480. Then I need to manually change it to 1080. PITA. i turned native mode OFF and leave the TV qt 1080.

if native mode is ON then the signal is processed to set the TV resolution to the match signal being received. one problem i have seen is that if the station is showing a commercial that is SD, it will set the TV to 480. Then I need to manually change it to 1080. PITA. i turned native mode OFF and leave the TV qt 1080.

Thats not how it works, partially.
Your right that the TV changes the SD commercial to 480, but when the programming comes back on the station sends the regular show that is in HD and your set should switch back to the HD signal as soon as it hits.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)