Channel Editor Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Downloaded and installed the channel editor for the S9. Having a problem. Maybe due to doing something wrong? What I did was to dump the TP_PROG.dbs from receiver. Opened file with editor. Clicked on a Sat and right side showed the channels. Double clicked on a channel to edit name. Noticed only name, channel type, ID, group, scramble, factory, and audio mode were something you could change. Vid Pid, audio pid1, 2, and 3, with pcr pid were all grayed out, not changeable. Change a channel name and small window pops up that states Audio Pid is invalid. Click on OK and Pid is set to zero. Not good if you are going to put file back into receiver and have audio pid at zero.
So what could be wrong?:confused:

RT.

Same here with AZ-Editor (DB4 2.1.0c 2009-07-22) (???)
Looks like you can only edit what you add. (Look at your CW entry, the PIDs ore not grayed out.) So copying all the info, Deleting the scanned in channel. Then add a channel and re-enter the channel info, is the only way to do it. (it's a P.I.T.B.)

The editor in the S9 does not allow you to make any changes to the PID info.
SetEditHD100 Is what you need. Do a Google search for it. GregH

The editor in the S9 does not allow you to make any changes to the PID info.
SetEditHD100 Is what you need. Do a Google search for it. GregH

why certainly.
waste the sid and you can edit anything.
add the sid last to get the grey back.
I can't figure out how to kick in ac3 audio with setedithd100,unless my rev is too old (v1.13)
Anybody have the secret?

I use OpenboxS9-loader_Editor_HD.rar. Google it. It's free and can edit all fields. You must rename TP_PROG.dbs to TP_PROG.abs to edit, then rename back to TP_PROG.dbs after finished editing and saving before transferring back to the S9. Find STBHD_LAN_MM.exe at the same time so you can use your local network to download and upload TP_PROG.dbs.

no renaming.
Use the editor itself to load the .udf from the receiver to pc,edit,load back to stb with rs232 cable.
2.1.0c was the latest and the alieditor.ini must say chip type=m3602 or you don't get the ac3 or h264 option tabs.

If you didn't it would never boot.
The .udf is the userdb file with your sat and channel info.
The channel editor lets you download .udf,.ddf or .abs files.
There was even a hacked version for loading .dbs without changing names.

If you didn't it would never boot.
The .udf is the userdb file with your sat and channel info.
The channel editor lets you download .udf,.ddf or .abs files.
There was even a hacked version for loading .dbs without changing names.
I should clarify. There is no visible .udf file on my S9 box when I either dump files via USB or transfer via the S9 network connection. I am not able to connect to its RS-232 connector. TP_PROG.dbs contains all user satellite data and tp channel data. Yes, my editor can download .udf, .ddf, .abs files, but these are not visible when transferring via USB or network connection. Anyway, my editor is able to edit all fields fine unlike those complaining some fields are grey. So I have no reason to change my method of editing. I particularly like downloading and uploading via the network; a lot more convenient than using either USB or RS-232 ports.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)