Charlie Chat ReCap June 11th, 2007

I upgraded yesterday to a 622 and the $149 price was available from the installer company I originally used 5 years ago. I did not have to call and beg a CSO for a special price.:)

I was disappointed that they didn't talk at all last night about the June 1st DVR Advantage changes that were discussed at the Team Summit like AT250 with DVR Advantage for $59.99 and no longer an 18 month commitment.

Does anyone know if this became available on June 1st?

I upgraded yesterday to a 622 and the $149 price was available from the installer company I originally used 5 years ago. I did not have to call and beg a CSO for a special price.:)

$149 is the current price. It will be going up to $200. The point I was trying to illustrate is that it IS possible to go under the current $149; depending on the CSR and your haggling skills.

anyone else notice in the above slides that AK and HI get PBS in HD? think that's unique to those two states, or something we can start looking forward to in other markets?

and since I see tons of posts from people hoping to get their RSN in HD soon, i'll throw my one sports wish out there - i hope E* strikes a deal with the Tennis Channel to get it for us when it launches its HD channel in December.

$149 is the current price. It will be going up to $200. The point I was trying to illustrate is that it IS possible to go under the current $149; depending on the CSR and your haggling skills.

No, $199 is the current price for people with no history with E*. $149 is the current price for people who are "valued customers". There is actually a $179 price for those in-between.

If you log in to your dishnetwork.com account, you can see your own particular Dishn It Up price - you don't have to guess or haggle with a CSR - the system automatically sets your price.

CSR's are also empowered to give one-time discounts and credits, any time they feel it is necessary to keep the customer happy. So, further discounts that individuals receive come from that.

I was disappointed that they didn't talk at all last night about the June 1st DVR Advantage changes that were discussed at the Team Summit like AT250 with DVR Advantage for $59.99 and no longer an 18 month commitment.

Does anyone know if this became available on June 1st?

Yes, I signed up, and yes they mentioned it, but didn't want to confuse Joe Sixpack with any talk of "changes".

To clarify, AT250 is considered a "premium package" - which is a good thing because with the new DVR Advantage, 2 or more Premiums are $10 each. This means that with DVR Advantage, subscribing to AT250 automatically qualifies you to get HBO for $10 more, rather than $14.99 more !

So, if you have a DVR, Locals, AT250 and HBO - you save $9 a month with the new DVR Advantage.

elwaylite said:
Charlie stated that there would be 6-8 nationals coming online this year and that E* was in talks with most of them.

If IIRC, he said that E* was in talks with all of them. Remeber that these are basic channels like Discovery and Weather Channel that E* has carried for over 10 years, and on are carrried by every cable system. DirecTV may get agreements to "launch first on DirecTV", but those should be up on E* a couple of weeks later.

If IIRC, he said that E* was in talks with all of them. Remeber that these are basic channels like Discovery and Weather Channel that E* has carried for over 10 years, and on are carrried by every cable system. DirecTV may get agreements to "launch first on DirecTV", but those should be up on E* a couple of weeks later.

I though he said MOST, because it stood out to me.

i know others have mentioned the $199 upgrade for the 622 and how it used to be $149.

From the voom thread i hope, and it looks like that for those with mpeg2 hd receivers the 622 upgrade is still $149 with the $50 instant back and $100 bonus credits making it free

Its been a busy 26 hours or so... Voom going MPEG4 with receiver upgrades, Charlie and company saying the long awaited USB HDD External Storage may be in sight along with the fact that they were in talks with SD providers (hinting at HD versions)and also saying that Dish was commited to providing the same signal passed to them and staying the HD leader plus HBO announcing 26 channels of HD which might tie into Dishnetworks moving Voom to MPEG4...

So what was Criss Angels' trick that he revealed? I'm sure it was something like how to make a styrofoam cup float or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)