Chase Credit Card versus Dish

MarcS

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Who will win?

I've had Dish for about 6 years, so I'm one of their "most highly valued customers"--or so the phone recording tells me while on hold...

So I finally get rid of my 6000 :eek: and do a dishin' it up and switch to the all HD package.

Mind you, I already have a perfectly good 500 and 300 receiving 110, 119, and 61.5--but they create a work order for the 1000.2 (which was questioned by more than one person at Dish)

First installer puts new dish on old mast, no joy for 129, so he mounts it on the roof (it was mounted to soffet area before), tweaks 119, and I'm pretty sure I saw all 3 sats and had many HD channels. But then the receiver downloaded new software, and later that day I only had a couple of HD channels. Called back the installer, who said he'd come back the next day---not! Spoke with his supervisor--nothing. (have people had the L512 break their 722?)

Oh, I told the installer that I had an SW21 switch, and the cable he was using on the 1000.2 was going into it... didn't register I guess because he never said anything about it being incompatible (which I found later through my own research).

So thinking I might be able to salvage the weekend programming, I wired up my 300 dish to the 1000.2 input--which immediately made me more knowledgeable than the installer(s) :rolleyes: (you can do that??)

After more research, I again realized that legacy LNB's are incompatible with the newer receivers... so no HD programming.

After a call to Dish, I finally got them to come back out, and they put in a new LNB for the 61.5 sat--works fine, all HD coming in.

But I still had to run my own line, using my own labor, for a job they didn't complete.

Short story, they had to mount to a second location on the roof. Still no 129. (did try a new LNB cluster, and a new 722 receiver, among other efforts to get 129)

Dish twice promised to send out an internal DNS installer, and when the exact same sub came out, I saw on the work order "route internal". So much for that...

Finally sent an email to ceo@echostar blah blah blah--got a return call from Kristin in dispute resolution. Told her I was still waiting for a call from the regional Dish person.

Never happened.

Called and left a message for her 3 days ago--no response.

So now, as promised in my multiple phone calls and email messages, I'm going to dispute the $100 installation charge on my Chase Card, get it returned to me, and cancel.

I suppose they hear that a lot from us customers, and figure we'll never follow through.

Guess what??? DirecTV here I come...

(as a side note, on one call they said my receiver wasn't authorized for the 129 sat... would that prevent it from even seeing the signal for strength measurement?--and that's a whole other issue--why did they send out the 1000.2 dish if they weren't going to authorize the 129???)

Well, we find out...

My CC company pulled the payment, and "magically", my account got frozen, and my receiver was deactivated for HD, because I am now "delinquent"...

So, one last email to ceo@echostar to see if they want to keep me as a customer...

Oh well, at least I got my $100 back... now it's time to call DirecTV... :rolleyes:

CSR roulette... called back and this time they restored my service... LOL

CSR roulette... called back and this time they restored my service... LOL
I get frustrated with the DISH csr's also. What I have been doing is calling tech support and getting better answers on many of my questions from them. Plus I can always understand the person I'm talking to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)