Cheap RG59U cable included with DVR 510

coreillydish

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 20, 2004
Hey guys. When I got my new DVR 510 the other day a cheap RG59U cable was included in the box. I was just curious why Dish Network would include a RG59U cable instead of a RG6. I bought a RCA 3-foot RG6 cable from Home Depot yesterday and it only cost $3.45. Any thoughts? Thanks.

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
I guess they expect the installer to make up a length of RG6 coax from the faceplate to the receiver, we all know that does not happen very often, it may be included to hook up between the receiver and a TV, RG59 works for that!

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
coreillydish said:
Hey guys. When I got my new DVR 510 the other day a cheap RG59U cable was included in the box. I was just curious why Dish Network would include a RG59U cable instead of a RG6. I bought a RCA 3-foot RG6 cable from Home Depot yesterday and it only cost $3.45. Any thoughts? Thanks.

That particular cable is for the reciever to TV connection. its not the high frequency stuff that satellite signal runs on so its perfectly fine to be used. now for hooking into the sat in on the reciever its not good to use and often wont work.

oljim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 9, 2003
Beaufort SC
The 510 should be hooked to TV by A/V or S cable not RF. IF your TV does not have A/V inputs is only time you would use that cable

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
oljim said:
The 510 should be hooked to TV by A/V or S cable not RF. IF your TV does not have A/V inputs is only time you would use that cable

My bedroom TV gets a better picture from the COAX RF for some reason.

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
boba said:
Did you read the red tag on that RG-59 "For connection between the satellite receiver and the television ONLY"?
For sure. :D :rolleyes: I've got a pile of them with red tags. They've been tagging those cables for years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)