Cheapest deal for 942 as a new sub?

Tech27

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Who has the cheapest deal for a 942 for a new Dish sub and what's been the wait for the install?? I'm ready to order but want the best deal I can get. Also does leasing the eq mean that any troubles with the eq as long as I'm under lease is covered by warrenty or do I have to have the DHPP to get coverage??

Thanks for any help you guys can give! :)

New subs can lease it for $250

If you want to purchase - it costs $699

I know all Dish equipment is warrantied for 1 year, I'm not sure what extra coverage you get during the lease deal.

The things DHPP will get you are no shipping charges for equipment replacements, and also advanceded replacement (ie they'll send you a new box first, then you send back the old one)

If you sign up for the AT180 - $19.99 promo for 3 months, you'd commit to a year and get the DHPP service for free anyways..

Was Dish Store waiving the $49.99 activation fee or did I just imagine that. If so was it only on online orders?? My wife prefers to do this sort of stuff over the phone.

Tech27 said:
Was Dish Store waiving the $49.99 activation fee or did I just imagine that. If so was it only on online orders?? My wife prefers to do this sort of stuff over the phone.

You can use a ClubDish card and have the activation fee waived, plus get a $49.99 credit on your first bill. If you want to use one of these gift cards, I can get you one. Just PM me or reply here. I would agree with your wife too, sign-up over the phone and not online.

I found the 942 (it is $250 to lease for new sub no matter where you go) at a Local Dealer and with his install pointing my free 2nd dish for locals at 61.5 AND with the DIsh Club $50 discount--that really lowered the $250 to $200.

So, yeah, if you need a Dish Club discount Referral Code, please PM me--I have one left!

FYI, I signed up yesterday, and I have a two-week installation wait, specifically because I wanted a 942. Oh, well, I've waited this long!

None of that's a big deal. When I signed up a year and a half ago I had to wait a whole month cause I wanted an 811 ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)