Chelsea Handler Ending E! Show In August

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
E! and Chelsea Handler have finalized their separation plan. The latest development in what has proved to be a wildly eventful year in the late-night arena finds Chelsea Lately wrapping its seven-year run on Aug. 26.

Handler is getting a live, hour-long sendoff at the end of the summer, per an E! announcement, following a month-long "celebration" of special episodes. “I myself am more surprised than anyone that I was able to hold down a job for seven years, and it was a fantastic seven years,” said Handler. “I will always look back at my time on E! as most people look back at their time in college. I'm glad I went.”
Her looming departure, first reported by The Hollywood Reporter in March, followed the comedian calling her TV home “a sad, sad place to live" during an interview with Howard Stern. Handler has been actively pursuing future projects, though talk of the Late Late Show gig on CBS has been shot down by the network. There have also been discussions about a potential project with Netflix.
“We are very proud of Chelsea Lately’s long-running success and the unique space that the series carved out in late night television,” said E! president Suzanne Kolb. "Chelsea brought a distinct voice to late night with her acerbic wit and fearless commentary and we look forward to providing fans with a memorable send-off that lives up to that tradition. Most of all, we are grateful to the Chelsea Lately team for making this show so special for seven years.”

Chelsea Lately will remain on the air, weeknights at 11 p.m., through her finale.

hollywoodreporter.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)