ChillerHD

I'm wondering if it's even cost effective to keep it running for Cablevision alone or if Voom is keeping it on the air until the verdict? is released later this month in regards to Dish and Voom.

I'm wondering if it's even cost effective to keep it running for Cablevision alone or if Voom is keeping it on the air until the verdict? is released later this month in regards to Dish and Voom.
Well it's owned by cablevision which in turn is Charles Dolan and this man is known to cut his nose off to spite his face.
Also I believe I read somewhere that cablevision was pulling the plug on voom by the end of the year.

Last edited:

I'm betting it's still going so Cablevision can keep up with the channel count race in New York. Probably doens't cost much to keep going, just keep repeating their content library. Once they run out of space they will drop Voom in a heartbeat.

I love CHILLERTV, shows the good old series., .Would love to get that in HD soon as they says in October. One thing ,U have to higher package, GOLD250 to get that channel is not cheap. Should be UNCUT then, if was UNCUT , Would be the AWSOME channel to crave for :)

Enough whinning about Monsterhd, I liked it too, but this thread is about the Chiller hd Channel. Quit hijacking threads.

Has there been any talk about a unedited SCIFI HD Channel. I mean really, it’s kind of childish that we can't watch these movies in their true form, that's why I bought a Satellite Dish. Now Sci-Fi is playing all the Horror Fest Movies in HD and there all edited.. What is up with that! When we had Monsters HD at least I could watch the movies the way it was intended to be watched. I think it's all Bull that people can control what they think is good and bad for us, I know what I want, and I want to watch my movie in True HD and Uncut.

Has there been any talk about a unedited SCIFI HD Channel. I mean really, it’s kind of childish that we can't watch these movies in their true form, that's why I bought a Satellite Dish. Now Sci-Fi is playing all the Horror Fest Movies in HD and there all edited.. What is up with that! When we had Monsters HD at least I could watch the movies the way it was intended to be watched. I think it's all Bull that people can control what they think is good and bad for us, I know what I want, and I want to watch my movie in True HD and Uncut.
I agree total Bullsh!t.

Did you guys notice THIS:

Emerging nets moving to New York - Entertainment News, Web Exclusive, Media - Variety

Quote:

On July 23rd, 2008 Variety reported that Sleuth, Universal HD, and Chiller are moving from Los Angeles to New York; when the channels movement is complete, Sleuth and Universal HD will report to USA Network, while Chiller will report to SCI FI.

That probably means that CHILLERHD has been canceled for now. It also means that once Sciffy gets ahold of programming for it, they'll trash it for sure, and we'll end up with a Sciffy clone, and more WCF rasslin', and cheesy new movies with CRAP cgi. (As opposed to old movies, with crappy old-school effects!)

And/Or they show half of all the series, and then put them on hiatus for a year, before showing the second half! :D:D

Well, 99% of my prediction above came true. I think Scifi management RUINED the Chiller channel. The ONLY thing they haven't done yet, is show the WCF wrestling.

Chiller is now basically SCIFI-2. There hasn't been much worth watching on it in almost 1 month.

I hope they get back on track, but I don't think they really care.

Double Ditto. Get rid of this channel. It is worthless for Horror fans.

When CHILLER was added posters argued that it was a good if not better substitute for MONSTERS HD. I said it was garbage then. It is worse than garbage now. DISH, flush this channel please.

Yeah Speed HD is what we need. I was hoping with all hope that Charlie would have giving us Speed HD before speedweeks, but that just shows how dumb I am. If you notice it seems like Dish never adds channels until AFTER what ever is big on that channel is over. Then they add it.

Looking at setup possiblities

Pixelation, National Geographic Channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)