Ciel 2 Tracking

HD Locals

Anyone know if there going to move all the HD locals from 61.5 to Ciel 2. I'm in the Lansing Mi market and in the uplink activity reports i don't see the lansing HD locals being uploaded. 61.5 which has Lansing HD is not an opiton for me no LOS .Thanks

Anyone know if there going to move all the HD locals from 61.5 to Ciel 2. I'm in the Lansing Mi market and in the uplink activity reports i don't see the lansing HD locals being uploaded. 61.5 which has Lansing HD is not an opiton for me no LOS .Thanks

Good question. Are they going to mirrior local hd like they do nationals on these 2 sats.??

I doubt they will "move" the locals, but in many cases, mirroring is a good possibility.

Should prevent a lot of repoints and enable many markets to have the EA/WA option.

I doubt they will "move" the locals, but in many cases, mirroring is a good possibility.

Should prevent a lot of repoints and enable many markets to have the EA/WA option.

Is spotbeam space (???) not an issue then? It seems like they'd be better off getting as many DMAs their locals as possible.

Good question. Are they going to mirrior local hd like they do nationals on these 2 sats.??

I figure they will mirror some large markets for the EA/WA option and then where ever they have idle spotbeam bandwidth they will mirror some others. It also depends on if it is cost effective if they have to send the HD locals to another uplink center.

Is spotbeam space (???) not an issue then? It seems like they'd be better off getting as many DMAs their locals as possible.

On 61.5, TPs 17, 19, 21, and 23 con be turned on in spot mode. They have not been done so far due to broken TPs and power issues on Rainbow 1

After Nimiq 5 is operational this fall, E6 may go to 61.5 to help out. That may open up more space.

Echostar 14 at 119 and Quetzsat-1 at 77 are also in the works, which will have spots.

They also may wish to halt wing dish installs in EA markets until they are ready to transfer people to a 1000.4 instead.

On 61.5, TPs 17, 19, 21, and 23 con be turned on in spot mode. They have not been done so far due to broken TPs and power issues on Rainbow 1

This is the first time I have heard of any issues with the 61.5 although I have suspected it for awhile because some low signals I get from there on my HD channels. Is there another thread discussing this?

This is the first time I have heard of any issues with the 61.5 although I have suspected it for awhile because some low signals I get from there on my HD channels. Is there another thread discussing this?

I don't know of a thread, but I have read there wirer some power failures. Shouldn't effect things that much, Dish just can't use it to it's full capacity.

Four of the TP's on E3 (Echostar 3) cannot be used due to power problems.

Sat ND | Failures
EchoStar III

Power converters: Certain of the electric power converters (EPCs) on EchoStar III are operating at higher than expected temperatures. The high EPC temperatures may require certain transponders on EchoStar III to be turned off for several weeks during summer and winter solstice seasons to avoid overheating.
As a result, EchoStar III is operated at 120 watts per channel, which is typical for 42-cm dish service to the continental United States. If the satellite were operated at a "super high" 230 watts per channel, approximately half of its 16 channel capacity would be unavailable during solstice seasons by the end of the satellite's planned life.
Transponders: During January 2004, a TWTA pair on EchoStar III failed, resulting in a loss of service on one of EchoStar's licensed transponders. Including the seven TWTA pairs that malfunctioned in prior years, these anomalies have resulted in the failure of a total of 16 TWTAs on the satellite to date. While originally designed to operate a maximum of 32 transponders at any given time, the satellite was equipped with a total of 44 TWTAs to provide redundancy. EchoStar III can now operate a maximum of 28 transponders. Because of redundancy switching limitations and the specific channel authorisations, currently it can only operate on 17 of the 19 frequencies at 61.5 degrees West authorised by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.

Jens Satre sent me a note that he put in a patch in that corrected the date error for 2009 TLE's (still some problems with Epochs from 2008 that he has yet to fix). It works fine on Ciel with all the drift rates, locations, oscillations, etc reporting correctly.

satellite-calculations.com

I am happy that it is here now. Now let's get the programming switched to it asap to clear up all those issues with poor signals. Then maybe they will beginning adding additional HD channels. I do not understand why they don't give us a list of what to expect. At this point I don't see where it would give D* an advantage to know what E* is adding shortly. E* is missing the boat with its poor communication with its customer base.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)