Cinema 10 Directing The Pulse of Hollywood???

Bilodeaumj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
San Diego
Source: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=168851

Cage Signs on for LaBute's "Wicker" Remake

Posted by RT-News on Friday, Mar. 04, 2005, 12:45 PM

"Scott Weinberg writes: "Variety brings news of an impending horror remake that's beginning to sound pretty interesting: director Neil LaBute ("In the Company of Men") will be mounting a remake of Robin Hardy's 1973 cult classic "The Wicker Man," and the rather busy Nicolas Cage has just signed on for the lead role (played by Edward "The Equalizer" Woodward in the original film.)"

I guess all the "good" movies were made last century and we are left with nothing but remakes like this one. I actually liked this movie and thank you Cinema 10 for bringing it into my home! This is a good example how VOOM is directly & indirectly affecting many avenues of life. My theory is that Some hollywood exec, who recieved free VOOM at the oscars, was watching Cinema 10 and said "Wow, I gotta make this movie". IMO, strange choice of a movie to spend millions of dollars to remake.

I might add that if you haven't seen it yet, you may want to refrain from doing so since the M. Night Shyamalan type ending may ruin the new version for you...

Therin lies the quandry. I usually like to see/rent the original before I see a remake but as a comparison, would one pay to see a remake of the Sixth Sense (albeit 30 years from now) knowing the suprise ending??? I'm a cage fan but I don't know if I'd drop $10 to see the remake. I guess it depends on who is playing the heroine and how hot she is... lol...

Great movie, I agree. I have the DVD from Anchor Bay which is in a wooden case. Of course, the HD version is better than the DVD, but the DVD isn't bad and comes with two versions of the film. In case you're interested in getting it....

I was able to finally record this one and watch it. Very bizarre twist at the end. Lots of nudity and strange things (I wonder if the remake will be a "Galicula" type with all the nudity). I won't spoil it for anyone who has not seen it.

I saw most of it last weekend. Unfortunately, I missed a ten minute segment just before the last ten minutes of the movie. I never saw it before. It was definitely a creepy movie.

You guys recording Wicker Man may want to pad 10 minutes to the end. The one time I tried recording it, it started at the proper time but got cut off, but maybe the EPG reflects correctly now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts