Cinema 10: Premieres 6/5 Movies

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Cinema (101):
I Escaped From Devil's Island * (1973, Action / Ad)

devilisland.jpg

A convicted murderer leads a band of men through shark-infested waters in an attempt to escape the fortress prison​

kittyfeet.gif

Cinema (104):
Harper ***+ (1966, Mystery)

Sypnosis
Private-eye mystery based on af Ross MacDonald "Lew Archer" novel. When a millionaire businessman turns up missing, his estranged, invalid wife Bacall) hires a private detective (Newman) to find him. The P.I. quickly discovers that the victim has been kidnapped by some of those nearest and dearest to him, and uncovers a tangled web of smuggling, greed, drugs and petty family jealousies. Note script by Goldman.​

Starring: Paul Newman, Lauren Bacall, Julie Harris, Shelley Winters, Arthur Hill
Directed by: Jack Smight​

kittyfeet.gif

Cinema (106):
Three the Hard Way **+ (1974, Action / Ad)

threehardway.jpg

Sypnosis:Action/Adventure
A white supremacist organization plots to eliminate blacks by placing a serum in the water supply; three black executives fight to destroy the genocide plot.
Starring: Fred Williamson, Jim Kelly, Jim Brown, Sheila Frazier
Directed by: Gordon Parks Jr.​

kittyfeet.gif

Divine HD (110):
The Owl and the Pussycat *** (1970, Comedy)

owlandpussycat.jpg

Sypnosis:
Good credentials abound in this 1970 adaptation of Bill Manoff's hit Broadway comedy. Buck Henry wrote the screenplay, and Herbert Ross (The Turning Point) directs the surprisingly funny pairing of Barbra Streisand and George Segal as, respectively, a semi-literate prostitute and an egghead. Streisand and Segal turn out to have excellent complementary styles (both are good at playing incredulity), and while the film is not always as witty as it could be, scenes are crisp and highly entertaining. --Tom Keogh

kittyfeet.gif

HD World Cinema (102):
Lupo * (1970, Comedy)​

Sypnosis:
When city officials threaten to demolish his old neighborhood, Lupo the simpleton furniture salesman leaps into action. He's constantly struggling against the tide of progress in this clash-of-eras comedy.

I can't tell for sure, but I think one or more scenes might be missing (or out of order) on "Three the Hard Way". About 40 minutes into the movie at the end of (I think) a scene change there's an abrupt cut and it's like it jumped forward (and not making much sense).

Thanks Sean for posting info. about Cinema 10:

Today I enjoyed John Huston's "Life & Times of Roy Bean" for the 2nd time. Then caught Newman in "Harper" an adaptation of a MacDonald mystery. Also saw "Farewell My Lovely" with Robert Mitchum last night an adaptation of Raymond Chandler's novel.