Cinemax & TMC HD

Dennishp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Anyone think Dish will offer these two in their HD packages by next year?

I'm betting we will see in the Plat package.......

I think that Dish has felt zero pressure to carry this minor HD channels. I doubt we'll see them for a long time.

Cyclone said:
I think that Dish has felt zero pressure to carry this minor HD channels. I doubt we'll see them for a long time.

Minor Max has more HD movies then any other movie channel. Plus all six star wars coming to max in HD!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I feel we will see Cinemax HD by the end of November, however I do not see anything from TMC HD on the horizon.

Hey Scott...has there been any further word 'through the grapevine' on this that you've been privy to, or is this just a speculation from the gut?

I'd love it if it were true...truly.

SRust said:
I would LOVE to have Cinemax HD!!!!

But will the HQ purist love it if one or more existing channels get downrezed or bit rate starved to make this happen?

Dish needs to get things in gear and add Cinemax-HD AND TMC-HD.

Ohh to the days of old with Voom. I miss those days sooooo much.

Voom legacy

MNHTUG said:
Dish needs to get things in gear and add Cinemax-HD AND TMC-HD.

Ohh to the days of old with Voom. I miss those days sooooo much.
I'm a legacy too. Had they gotten a DVR out I'd still be w/ them. Too bad Rainbow media just didn't want to hold off to see if there would a turn around. But cable companies just aren't that good about a 1 of red ink. Only reason I'm w/E* is because of Voom.

whatchel1 said:
I'm a legacy too. Had they gotten a DVR out I'd still be w/ them. Too bad Rainbow media just didn't want to hold off to see if there would a turn around. But cable companies just aren't that good about a 1 of red ink. Only reason I'm w/E* is because of Voom.

I'm legacy too. Dish needs to add the Outdoor Channel 2 HD, the best ATV and personal watercraft shows have migrated from the original outdoor channels to the new HD channel.

Wish they would bring back the VOOM movieplex and Cinemax HD as wells as TMC HD.

rad said:
But will the HQ purist love it if one or more existing channels get downrezed or bit rate starved to make this happen?

How about combining some of the Voom channels to make room. There is not enough content on those channels anyway for a 24/7 channel. Just of the top of my head here are 12 that can make 4. That would free up 8 channels and not lose any constant. Just a thought......

1 - Animania, Family Room and GamePlay

2 - Equator, Ultra, Gallery and Treasure

3 - Kung Fu, Monsters, Film Fest

4 - Rave and Rush

kdwebsol said:
How about combining some of the Voom channels to make room. There is not enough content on those channels anyway for a 24/7 channel. Just of the top of my head here are 12 that can make 4. That would free up 8 channels and not lose any constant. Just a thought......

1 - Animania, Family Room and GamePlay

2 - Equator, Ultra, Gallery and Treasure

3 - Kung Fu, Monsters, Film Fest

4 - Rave and Rush
I don't think the language and violence in the games shown on Gameplay would fit in with a Family Room/Animania channel...

VOOM has deteriorated! The channels you are seeing now are already supposed combos of the originals--which many are missing and I have not seen the missing genre mixed in with the present.

Example:
Lab was supposed to be mixed in with Animanaia--have only seen that once.
Ha, Ha--where did that genre go--don't see it on any VOOM channels
Gunslinger--where did that go--don't see that on VOOM either
Family--the Family Room is just repeating and repeating, nothing new
Majestic--where did that go? Don't see that on any of the VOOM
Divine--where did that go?

So, my point--don't ask them to combine anymore--or the channel will just disappear entirely. I was an original VOOM subscriber and what you are seeing on DISH barely resembles the original VOOM, in terms of Movies.

I have an 18 month contract and if it weren't for some of the other HD channels, I would consider not re-subscribing.

Likewise, legacy V* sub here. I'm also getting a bit frustrated w/ the meager trickle of new movie selections on the Voom channels...a few standouts here and there, but it was riding on 'cruise' for a loooong while there.

Hopefully, w/ the Dolans talking of buying back their company (Cablevision), it means that there might be some earnest desire to push Voom again, i.e. put another burst of development capital into the thing. Not answering to investors constantly in your ear fretting about short term profitability could go a long way to allowing some well-placed infusions of money aimed at long haul improvements. You know, fix that fiber, market it more heavily...and most importantly, get a consitantly big raft of fresh programming going.

I, too miss my Voom. But the 622 rocks, no doubt about it. And so does HDnet, actually. Very impressed w/ those two channels.

I would love to see Cinemax HD added in time for 'Star Wars'...and that USB storage ASAP as well. Then I'd be all smiles :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts