Closed Captioning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mmpotash

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
My 942's CC has been a problem since I bought it 14 months ago. All the missed or jumbled words were making it difficult for my deaf girlfriend to enjoy HDTV. Finally though, the new software version L2.89 seems to have fixed this problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

I experience the same type of problems in HD locals ,specialy NBC , I have a VIP 622 , dishnetwork , CC are terrible bad

I experience the same type of problems in HD locals ,specialy NBC , I have a VIP 622 , dishnetwork , CC are terrible bad
I'm also using the ViP 622.

I've also seen a problem with San Diego's NBCHD (lack of) as well as the ABCHD LiL captioning (spotty). When they (Dish) began to retransmit the CC with the local content, NBC did show the caption content but in the past few weeks, it has disappeared.

Cable has no problem providing CC on the local HD content (my current location does not allow me to recieve cable), so why can't Dish? Does DirectTB have this issue?

I cannot get a good answer why there appears to be so much difficulty transmitting or retransmitting CC on HD channels. It is obviously something that can be done and done well. TNTHD, ESPNHD, HDNET, HDNMV, HBOHD, SHOWHD, on a national level, do a great job of captioning. FOXHD LiL shows CC very well and CBSHD LiL shows but has its problems.

It has gotten to a point that my wife and I cannot watch some programs together because I have to use headphones cranked up to a ridiculous volume level for me to watch and understand the shows that I'm interested in.

... rab

CC Problem

Since the L2.89 software fixed my 942's CC, see if your 622 has received the same CC fix.

Cc

I receive my locals via an antenna feed into my 942, not via the satellite. CC works fine, no matter which channel, as long as the show is listed as having CC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)