Closed-Circuit to cover my neighborhood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwire132002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
Well, due to cost my idea of starting an FTA station went down the drain (unless someone will pay $30,000 per month for me ;) ). I decided to start small---I want to try to start a neighborhood news network--just a station for my neighborhood to pick up. The problem is distribution--any ideas on how to distribute the signal?

EDIT: I'm thinking maybe a 2.4ghz wireless video transmitter type deal--but I need one that can get about 1/2 mile. Any ideas?

Got Cable in your neighborhood?

Just get a nice little modulator and back feed it into the cable on an un-used channel. It should be viewable for several blocks from your home :D

When I was in Highschool we operated a private cable channel for the comminity and that was exactly how we broadcast our signal to the community :)

Claude Greiner said:

Just get a nice little modulator and back feed it into the cable on an un-used channel. It should be viewable for several blocks from your home :D

When I was in Highschool we operated a private cable channel for the comminity and that was exactly how we broadcast our signal to the community :)
Great idea aside from the legality standpoint.

Can't you add an external antenna to the wireless video transmitter, like the cantenna idea for 802.11?

Claude Greiner said:

I seem to to recall actually trying this at one point... It blew out my RF modulater :( . Stupid hi-tech digital networks ;)

Any other ideas?

Neutron said:
Can't you add an external antenna to the wireless video transmitter, like the cantenna idea for 802.11?

I suppose I could try that...it's the same frequency as 802.11b, so it should work the same... hmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts