Club Dish Discount Confusion

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I cannot find a definitive Club Dish Promo Offer info site where a prospective DISH customer can see the true deals being offered through a current Club Dish member referral! I, the Club Dish member, received cards in the mail with a description of the offer but it expires 6/30/06, and if I go to the Club Dish site and click on Virtual Certificate, I get the following (see below):

Also, if anyone visiting the Dish sites searches around the site, he finds an offer that expires 4/30/06!

It seems like it is pretty well set up to fail. I have given out about 6 Club Dish referral numbers in the past month and not one of them have been used or activiated--probably because of the confusion on the offers. I also called the Club Dish order number and got an entirely different story!

THIS SPECIAL GIFT CERTIFICATE ENTITLES YOUR FRIEND TO DISH NETWORK SATELLITE TV FOR THE WHOLE HOUSE (UP TO 4 ROOMS) WITH DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE INCLUDING:

* FREE Activation (a $49.99 value)
* $100 back with America's Top 120 or higher programming
* STARZ Movie Pack FREE for the first 3 months

Important

* System must be installed and programming activated by:01/01/2007
* Requires valid major credit card, Social Security Number and qualifying programming purchase. Participation subject to credit approval.
* Qualifying programming purchase starts at just $34.99/month, including local channels (where available). If service is terminated or downgraded, equipment must be returned to DISH Network. Certain receivers must be continuously connected to a phone line or will be subject to an additional monthly fee.
* Programming offer requires participation in Digital Home Advantage. If you choose to change your programming, you must call at the end of the 3-month period to downgrade to other qualifying programming.
* DISH Network DVR Service fee varies based on programming subscription level.
* This ClubDISH certificate good for new, first-time residential DISH Network customers only.
* Additional restrictions apply for Alaska, Puerto Rico and Hawaii.
* Visit www.dishnetwork.com for programming options and disclaimers.

Promotion Codes:
Ordering Direct: DIRCDFDHA
Through Retailer: RETCDFDHA

Get $50
Every time you refer a friend to DISH Network!

Here's how it works:
Give
your friend this gift certificate

Call
your friend and remind them to call 1-888-920-GIFT(4438) (or visit a local participating Retailer) and sign up for DISH Network.

Get
$50 in programming credits ($5 per month for 10 consecutive months) and Club DISH Membership Rewards.

Offer expires 01/01/2007.
Note your friend must mention the ClubDISH Gift Card Authorization number.

Friend must redeem Gift Certificate with a valid Authorization Number through a local participating Retailer or by calling 1-888-920-GIFT (4438). Friend must be a new, first-time DISH Network residential customer and must order, install and activate programming by 01/01/2007. When your friend remains active for a minimum of 31 days following the installation and activation of their system you are eligible to receive $50 in credits. Please allow 8-10 weeks following the activation of your friends system for your first $5 credit to be reflected on your DISH Network account and for your ClubDISH Membership benefits to begin. Maximum of 5 referrals (up to $250) per calendar year. All ClubDISH benefits may not be available if you are being billed for DISH Network services by a third party. Other restrictions apply. See inside for details. We reserve the right to amend or modify the ClubDISH program at any time and in any way (including adjustment to the amount of credits earned for each referral) or discontinue the program without advanced notice. &copy2006, EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. All rights reserved.

bookwalk said:
I cannot find a definitive Club Dish Promo Offer info site where a prospective DISH customer can see the true deals being offered through a current Club Dish member referral! I, the Club Dish member, received cards in the mail with a description of the offer but it expires 6/30/06, and if I go to the Club Dish site and click on Virtual Certificate, I get the following (see below):

Also, if anyone visiting the Dish sites searches around the site, he finds an offer that expires 4/30/06!

It seems like it is pretty well set up to fail. I have given out about 6 Club Dish referral numbers in the past month and not one of them have been used or activiated--probably because of the confusion on the offers. I also called the Club Dish order number and got an entirely different story!

THIS SPECIAL GIFT CERTIFICATE ENTITLES YOUR FRIEND TO DISH NETWORK SATELLITE TV FOR THE WHOLE HOUSE (UP TO 4 ROOMS) WITH DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE INCLUDING:

* FREE Activation (a $49.99 value)
* $100 back with America's Top 120 or higher programming
* STARZ Movie Pack FREE for the first 3 months

Important

* System must be installed and programming activated by:01/01/2007
* Requires valid major credit card, Social Security Number and qualifying programming purchase. Participation subject to credit approval.
* Qualifying programming purchase starts at just $34.99/month, including local channels (where available). If service is terminated or downgraded, equipment must be returned to DISH Network. Certain receivers must be continuously connected to a phone line or will be subject to an additional monthly fee.
* Programming offer requires participation in Digital Home Advantage. If you choose to change your programming, you must call at the end of the 3-month period to downgrade to other qualifying programming.
* DISH Network DVR Service fee varies based on programming subscription level.
* This ClubDISH certificate good for new, first-time residential DISH Network customers only.
* Additional restrictions apply for Alaska, Puerto Rico and Hawaii.
* Visit www.dishnetwork.com for programming options and disclaimers.

Promotion Codes:
Ordering Direct: DIRCDFDHA
Through Retailer: RETCDFDHA

Get $50
Every time you refer a friend to DISH Network!

Here's how it works:
Give
your friend this gift certificate

Call
your friend and remind them to call 1-888-920-GIFT(4438) (or visit a local participating Retailer) and sign up for DISH Network.

Get
$50 in programming credits ($5 per month for 10 consecutive months) and Club DISH Membership Rewards.

Offer expires 01/01/2007.
Note your friend must mention the ClubDISH Gift Card Authorization number.

Friend must redeem Gift Certificate with a valid Authorization Number through a local participating Retailer or by calling 1-888-920-GIFT (4438). Friend must be a new, first-time DISH Network residential customer and must order, install and activate programming by 01/01/2007. When your friend remains active for a minimum of 31 days following the installation and activation of their system you are eligible to receive $50 in credits. Please allow 8-10 weeks following the activation of your friends system for your first $5 credit to be reflected on your DISH Network account and for your ClubDISH Membership benefits to begin. Maximum of 5 referrals (up to $250) per calendar year. All ClubDISH benefits may not be available if you are being billed for DISH Network services by a third party. Other restrictions apply. See inside for details. We reserve the right to amend or modify the ClubDISH program at any time and in any way (including adjustment to the amount of credits earned for each referral) or discontinue the program without advanced notice. &copy2006, EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. All rights reserved.

Aside from the new Club Dish Promotion quoted above that expires in Jan 2007, the current one expiring June 2006 is on the cards I received in the mail and will include the image of that brochure here--just click on the thumbnail and then, if it's not large enough to view, download (save image to) and open in your image editor.

It still is confusing because if you call the 1 888 number above, those CSR's don't seem to know about the promos above.

If anyone has anymore information, please post.

Attachments

• ClubDishOfferto30June06.jpg
    ClubDishOfferto30June06.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 204
Still trying to find out more information--I have made almost 7 referrals in the last couple of months and wonder if they have expired or what--as they do not show up on my Club Dish History as rewards!

I have found that if they go through a local retailer they sometimes dont enter it the club dish code or they use there own type of code so they get the bonus (why would they want you to get the $5 credit)

Also sometimes when they call in the CSR will say they have to give the code out at the time of the install (which is not true) becuase the CSR does not want to take the time to enter the code or they do not know how. Again, there is nothing in it for the CSR, why should they enter the Referal code so you can get a credit.

The Club Dish program is flawed and is designed to get the new customer get them in the door and get them an extra discount,
but NOT reward the person that did the referal with the $5 credit.

The best you can do right now, is write down the persons name and phone number (better yet the account number if you can get it), and email ceo@echostar.com. I have talked to them. They know there is a problem, they can fix it and get you the $5 credit but ONLY if they have a full name and account number (or phone number to cross reference to it). ONLY email ceo@echostar.com after the 15th of each month as that is the ONLY time the system updates with the $5 credits.

They did say they have a new Club dish promo due out Jan 1st, they is totaly redesigned and fixed these issues, till then, it will be hard to imposible to get any club dish $5 referal credits.

Last edited:
Join the crowd. I've had 6 total referrals, but only received credit for one: two (2)were previous E* customer in the distant past (more than 3 years) - CSR probably wouldn't have known if they didn't tell them...and I didn't know; two (2) went through a retailer who substituted their own certificate/discount; and one (1) forgot to give E* the certificate number when ordering service.

Anyway, I'm tired of calling and my last (only) $5 credit expires this month. I plan to terminate my service and have my wife sign up as a new customer: we'll get out 811 upgraded for free, receive $200 is DishHD promo credits, a Starz discount for 3 months ($7.50 x 3), and free DHPP ($5.99 x 18) for 18 months. My wife can add our two owned 622s to the account. I would prefer to keep my account active, but it has been my experience that receiving ClubDish credits are like pulling teeth. It's easier to cancel and have my wife subscribe at this point.

Sad but true!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)