combining legacy with dishpro

MikeInAlaska

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
Wasilla, AK
On 129W, I have a dish-pro LNB and a dishpro 211 receiver.

On 119W, I have a legacy LNB, switch and receiver. There are three total boxes on the switch.

Can I run an output from that legacy switch into a DP34 switch to combine it with the 129W dishpro setup?

Thanks!
Mike

Legacy LNBs and Dish Pro LNBs cannot be combined they use incompatible technology. Legacy uses voltage switching 12 volt and 18 volt to change polarity, DP uses band stacking to make the different polarities available as a continous frequency while using a constant 18 volts.

You will need to use one technology or the other, your receivers may decide which becomes your desired format.

Your Legacy receivers will determine which system you use. Dish Pro receivers are compatible with Legacy LNBs but Legacy receivers require DP adapters or Dish Pro Plus switching. A Legacy dual LNB on your 129 dish fed into a SW64 may be the cheapest but switching the Legacy receivers for similar DP models may work for you.

AK also has HD programming available at 110°. You're looking at replacing 119 with a DP LNB, adding a 110 dish with a DP LNB, and a DPP44 switch. You could use the cheaper DPP33 if you replaced 2 of the older receivers with a new Duo (322, 625, 222, 722, etc).

Dish should include at least some of the upgrades to modernize you if you do a Dish'n It Up on one of the old receivers. I don't know how much Dish would cover or how much extra that would cost in AK with the need for larger separate dishes and external switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts