Combining Signals - Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OrangeandBlue33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
I need some expert advice. I'm taking the modulated output of TV2 from my 722 and combining it with the rf output from my 508 and sending it to a bedroom TV. When I do this, the signal from the 508 on Channel 4 becomes degraded with interference. If I view each feed separately without the splitter/combiner the signals are clear. As soon as I combine them the 508 output looks like crud.

I've tried modulating TV2 to a variety of channels and that didn't seem to make any difference. I currently have the output set to Channel 44.

Is there anything I can do to improve the Channel 4 output from the 508 so this doesn't occur? Would amplification help? Anybody have any ideas?

I currently am using an A/B switch to go back and forth between the receivers, but that's a bit of a pain and would prefer to be able to run them both together.

Is there another source of ch4 signal in your broadcast area? Uhf channels from the 722 modulator shouldn't interfer with the CH4 VHF signal from the 508. Putting a 15dB amp on the CH4 signal before combining should improve the picture. Have you tried switching the 508 to CH3 before distribution?

Is there another source of ch4 signal in your broadcast area? Uhf channels from the 722 modulator shouldn't interfer with the CH4 VHF signal from the 508. Putting a 15dB amp on the CH4 signal before combining should improve the picture. Have you tried switching the 508 to CH3 before distribution?

We have a local VHF broadcast on channel 3. I did try 3 as well, just for the sake of trying, with about the same result.

I'm thinking that the ch4 is so much weaker than the UHF modulated output that it is being treated as noise. Try an amp first on just ch4 before inputting in to combiner and then see if you are having any trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)