Coming back to D* questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sasserfolk

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Georgia
Finally decided to come back to D* after several years with Dish. A few questions:

1.I will be getting a HD DVR and 3 HD receivers installed. I still have 3 old receivers from my first time with D* (DRD102RW, DRD403RA and DRD486RH all RCA) and wondered if I got one of them activated if the install tech would be able to run a line to our kitchen tv to have D* while cooking!

2. The TV that will have the DVR connected to it is not HD but does have component video connections that I would want to use. Will the receiver/tech have component cables or will I need to have that at the time of install?

3. I would love to be able to record and have guide data for my OTA channels thru the receiver and needed to know if all receivers can do this and if I need to purchase something for this to work.

Finally decided to come back to D* after several years with Dish. A few questions:

1.I will be getting a HD DVR and 3 HD receivers installed. I still have 3 old receivers from my first time with D* (DRD102RW, DRD403RA and DRD486RH all RCA) and wondered if I got one of them activated if the install tech would be able to run a line to our kitchen tv to have D* while cooking!

2. The TV that will have the DVR connected to it is not HD but does have component video connections that I would want to use. Will the receiver/tech have component cables or will I need to have that at the time of install?

3. I would love to be able to record and have guide data for my OTA channels thru the receiver and needed to know if all receivers can do this and if I need to purchase something for this to work.

Some of the older boxes don't have enough memory to work properly anymore. I don't know specifically about yours.

He may have the cables, but may charge for them.

In order to have guide data for the ota channels, you will need an AM21 ota tuner for at least one of them. If you are getting mrv, then you may be able to see that information even on the units without the AM21, but I'm not sure about that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)