Coming back to dish. Some questions.

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
I'm coming back to Dish from Voom (great while it lasted.

All of my current equipment is Legacy.

I have Dish 6000 and a sd receiver for two room system.

I have Dish 500 sat dish pointed at 110 and 119, and separate dish aimed at 61.5. I use two SW-21 switches to feed my two rooms.

When I was with Dish, HD was only on 61.5.

Questions:

(1) Now that HD is on 119, do I still need 61.5 dish. (I get all hd networks from BEV.)

(2) Is there anything on 61.5 or 148 that is part of the Everything Pac?

(3) Although I am not interested in a HD dvr, my wife would appreciate a sd dvr. Is there one?

(4) Is there any advantage to changing out my 6000 receiver for a newer one?

(5) The superdish waas only vaporware when I was wih Dish. Is it now available and what extra programming is it capable of receiving?

Thanks.

Shelly

shelly said:
I'm coming back to Dish from Voom (great while it lasted.

All of my current equipment is Legacy.

I have Dish 6000 and a sd receiver for two room system.

I have Dish 500 sat dish pointed at 110 and 119, and separate dish aimed at 61.5. I use two SW-21 switches to feed my two rooms.

When I was with Dish, HD was only on 61.5.

Questions:

(1) Now that HD is on 119, do I still need 61.5 dish. (I get all hd networks from BEV.)

(2) Is there anything on 61.5 or 148 that is part of the Everything Pac?

(3) Although I am not interested in a HD dvr, my wife would appreciate a sd dvr. Is there one?

(4) Is there any advantage to changing out my 6000 receiver for a newer one?

(5) The superdish waas only vaporware when I was wih Dish. Is it now available and what extra programming is it capable of receiving?

Thanks.

Shelly
1 No you don't need it but the demo channel and CBSE are on 61.5 2. just the public interest channels. 3. yes the 510 and 522. 4 Yes and no the 6000 has fewer bugs than the 811 but it is older and closer to failures.
5. Where are you and are you interested in foreign programming? :)

Thanks Boba.

I am in CA and am not interested in foreign channels.

Looks like I can just reactivate my programming, using my current equipment.

One followup, though, when Dish says that local networks are available, is this over the air or are they actually transmitted via the satellite. I cannot receive any ota in my location.And if they are via the sattelite, are the hd versions also available?

Shelly

you will need dish to send you out a new yellow sub card for the 6000 to work with HD now, it fdoes have the 8psk module installed right? and you can add the 8vsb if you can receive locals OTA. Look on ebay and get a 501 or 508 they do not have added dish dvr fees. or lease a 522 two tuner model.
you may need a superdish if you live in certian areas that get their locals on superdish.
all your regular programming and HD will be on the 110 and 119 now unless it is foreign stuff

If you can't get your OTA's, too far or hills, then 61.5 has CBS HD, they also send Local via SAT but not in HD, except for the CBS on 61.5.

The DVR's are great, Between the kids and wife, our hums all the time.

sprintcarcrazy said:
If you can't get your OTA's, too far or hills, then 61.5 has CBS HD, they also send Local via SAT but not in HD, except for the CBS on 61.5.

The DVR's are great, Between the kids and wife, our hums all the time.

Are you saying that I can get my locals via he sat even though I cannot get any signal ota? That would allow me to drop Comcast cable which has no hd in my area.

I do get the East and West networks in hd from BEV.

I have never used the dvr as there seems to be enough choice out there. But I have been spoiled with E and W coast feeds of most of the premium movie channels via Voom. Only one time per day to catch movies with Dish now.

Shelly

Dave nye said:
I would come back as a new DHA customer. You could get an 811 and a 522 dual tuner DVR for the same monthly bill as you had before. No equipment cost to you.

The poster cannot come back as a new DHA customer... Not unless they have changed their name, SSN, address, and phone number. Dish has this record and will not give the dha promotion.

Reactivate, then you may qualify for one on the 'Dishinitup' promotions.

fred

Does the new equipment come for free orr for monthly rental fee, and does it include a HD receiver as well as a sd.dvr?

What does DHA stand for?

I can go back as a prior customer or have my wife sign up as a new customerr with different phone number.

Shelly

Coming back as a new DHA customer is probably not much different than taking the Dish'n It Up promo in Dish's eyes.

Stargazer said:
Coming back as a new DHA customer is probably not much different than taking the Dish'n It Up promo in Dish's eyes.

What is this promo? Is it when a current Dish customerr makes the referrral?

Shelly

The "Dish'n It Up" promo is for current Dish subscribers to allow them to upgrade their equipment. The promos aren't nearly as good as what is available to "new" customers.

DHA is their acronym for Digital Home Advantage. this is what they put the customers in that want to lease the equipment versus buying it outright. Here is a link to that site: http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/getdish/index.shtml

522 Install Help

Channel 9500 Instant Weather to be deleated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)