Coming To DISH: Starz Comedy

tvrocker2k5

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
Hey everyone,
I'm not sure that this has been mentioned yet, as I did a quick search on here to see if it has and to the best of my knowledge it hasn't. Anyway, I received this months bill from DISH and it says that starting May 31, 2006 Starz Comedy is coming to DISH and that it is replacing Starz Cinema West!

I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

TVrocker

I will miss the west coast feed of Cinema... there were times that I popped in the middle of a movie and was able to hit the west coast feed and record the movie easily. Oh well, hopefully the Starz Comedy channel will have more unique content....

Cool, even though Starz Cinema is my most watched Starz channel. There's plenty of repetition on there, no need for the west feed.

Now if only they would replace HBO2 West with HBO Zone.

Another thought...Starz and Encore must be more aggressive about promoting their "Multiplex" premium packages to providers...They are the only ones that will be fully carried on DISH. (Missing 1 HBO, 4 Cinemax, 3 Showtime.)

instead of swapping channels, why don't they do what all the cable companies do and add all of the hbos/sho/cin/tmc??? granted, i never watch half of them, but it is nice that they are there.

I agree, should do like the cable company here does, has E/W of all the channels in all the premium movie suites. Even though it is repetitive, all for more channels here!

M Sparks said:
Another thought...Starz and Encore must be more aggressive about promoting their "Multiplex" premium packages to providers...They are the only ones that will be fully carried on DISH. (Missing 1 HBO, 4 Cinemax, 3 Showtime.)

Actually, they are still missing the 2 new Encore channels - Indieplex & Retroplex ;)
But, very few cable co (other than Comcast) are carrying them, either...

M Sparks said:
Cool, even though Starz Cinema is my most watched Starz channel. There's plenty of repetition on there, no need for the west feed.

Now if only they would replace HBO2 West with HBO Zone.

Would be nice if they added all of the Cinemax Channels. DIsh has 5 of 11 or 12 Cinemax Channels.

It would be nice if *E decides to add all the Movie channels HD feed (starz HD; Cinemax HD; Encore HD), I subscribe to Platinum package but i am a little disappointed with the content. VOOM does not offer a lot. Please *E give us the premium chennels in HD...

dishrich said:
Actually, they are still missing the 2 new Encore channels - Indieplex & Retroplex ;)
But, very few cable co (other than Comcast) are carrying them, either...

I thought you were joking at first...you have to dig through the Encore website to find them.Interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)