Compression cable Connectors ?

normang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
I've noted that there are a couple different kinds of compression cable connectors. I assume that they are better for external connections, water tight, etc..

Which is easier to work with and not need special tools to install. The Gilbert or PPC, which in other opinions from those that might have used them is better or are they about the same.

any tips or hints to optimize their installation since I'll be using some in the future to upgrade my installation..

For any compression connector you are going to need a tool, a cheap one (Zenith Compression Tool) or a very expensive one that the Pros use. If you are not an installer, get the Zenith tool at Lowes or eBay for $14.00 or less. It works fine for the PPC and Snap N Seal connectors.

Yes the compression connectors are the best for external connections. I like the PPC EX6XL because they are easy to work with and one size fits all.

Dish Dude said:
Compression connectors are the best for any connections inside or out

Amen, brother.

I just purchased a "pro" tool. It does compression "F," "RCA" and "BNC." Best ends I've ever installed. Worth the $50 for the tool.

I bought "F" ends from eBay. 100 of the 'blue' DigiCon's for $30 +shipping.

I'll never touch my crimper again.

Thanks for that feedback, I've also noted that at this link..

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=150

that there are pictures that seem to illustrate how to install the Gilbert connectors without a special tool? Or is the tool still required..

I don't mind buying a tool to do it right if I really need it, but if this is a workaround to provide solid connections without a tool.. it would save me a few $$..

thanks

Norm

I love the digicons and the T&B's never had fails with either of them with the F's, or RCA's. Isn't it funny how someone will buy a component monster cable set for $79, which is just 59 inside but, we can make a much more reliable and better quality set for $6. Oh and than sell them for $20.

normang said:
Thanks for that feedback, I've also noted that at this link..

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=150

that there are pictures that seem to illustrate how to install the Gilbert connectors without a special tool? Or is the tool still required..

I don't mind buying a tool to do it right if I really need it, but if this is a workaround to provide solid connections without a tool.. it would save me a few $$..

thanks

Norm

Never used the Gilbert connectors so I can't help you there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)