Confirm reception of F1R & F2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dhduff

Original poster
May 5, 2006
I have been using a Primestar 84E dish for reception of *C for the past 10 months and I decided to add a 2nd dish with a 22KHz switch to receive channels from F2. When I was pointing the dish I didn't have a reference channel with live video to confirm that I was on the right bird. I basically just set the elevation and azimuth to aim it and nothing to confirm. What channel should I use to confirm that I am receiving channels from F2 (111.1W)? I am currently subbing the Digital Basic Package and I'm considering upping to the Bronze and adding Sunday Ticket. My receiver is a DSR305. Not sure if you need this info. or not.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

you may need to disc F1 dish, there are some feeds on F2 that are the same frequency as F1. that is why you may see the same channel twice but with a different name. ch.260 is a French preview channel. if you are using another Primestar dish, then you should set about 4 degrees below what the F1 PS dish is set and over a little not much and should lock right on it. after you lock it and fine tune it then hook up all your stuff as need be.
turn to ch. 260, menu 6, 3, password and select 1 to tune satellite.
to "fine" tune go back to the main 6 options, press 6, 0 and then 5, this is the diagnostics and you need to go over to Diagnostic "C", third line far right. that is your eb no, should read + or - and the number and should be as high as you can get it to secure a good signal and lock.

Last edited:
Ok, so if I am receiving Channel 260 then I set it up correctly?

Cool.....I somehow by blind luck got the 2nd dish to hit F2. I am contemplating getting the NFL Ticket in the fall as well as HD so I wanted to get this 2nd sat working.

Thanks cablewithaview

:up good deal. I started out with a primestar dish on F1 but eventually went with a dual sat SC dish. either way it works great. some places would need a bigger dish and doing what your doing is a great way to increase the signal. I'm glad I could help. :)

BTW, :welcome to satellite guys. :wave

o' if your receiving French promo channel on ch.260 then you have it.

Last edited:
dhduff said:
Ok, so if I am receiving Channel 260 then I set it up correctly?

Ch 420 (NFL Network) and 559 (ETWN) are other channels to check for F2 reception with already authorized SD receivers

I wondered why you were adding a 2nd dish for Digital Basic since all channels except for 260 (PPV Preview) are on F1 (main satellite)

But if you want HD or NFL Net 2nd satellite is a must :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)