Conflict of What to Do?

Kiowa

Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Iowa
On September 21st of this year I did a Upgrade to a 2 Hopper, 1 Joey System Set-up done by a local retailer of DISH. Since that time circumstances have changed and 1 of those Hoppers are no longer required. I called 2 weeks to deactivate the receiver and inquired about the shipping boxes to return the receiver. I again called on December 24th to let them (DISH) I had yet to receive the shipping return box. On that note return boxes are on there way. I was in contact with the retailer to discuss further options on the account. My first communication with the retailer was through email and followed by a call from the retailer. During the phone call the retailer asked if I had returned to the receiver back DISH I told I had not yet. He indicated that was good, because since it had been under one (1) year since the upgrade that the receiver still belonged to him (the retailer) and if I returned the receiver to DISH instead of him he would charge me what he called a "chargeback" fee of $600.00 also he said even if I did return the receiver back to him (the retailer) there would still be a fee of some sort he just hadn't calculated what that fee would be. The retailer kept telling me he had not reimbursed by DISH for the receiver yet and that's why I was to return it him. I did a chat with DISH followed by a call to a DISH supervisor after my conversation with the retailer and both reps from DISH told me I was to return the receiver to DISH per my agreement or face a fee from them (DISH). I'm up in arms on how to proceed, both are telling me to receiver to them or face a fee.

Send DIRT a PM. They can clear the air. Some local retailers have different policies if you cancel or return equipment within the first year.

why not drop the extra joey instead and go 2 Hoppers with zero joeys?

same monthly costs for 1H/1J and 2H/0J

Once a receiver is deactivated it would need to be returned to DISH. If it was not returned to DISH there would be an unreturned equipment fee. I am not sure what the process is for a retailer. Maybe a retailer can chime in.

I sent ZachS a PM. I can only send the receiver back one party and don't want to Face a penalty from the other side...

If you did this as an upgrade, there is no chargeback liability to the retailer on the equipment. So return the receiver to Dish.

If it was a new install, the receiver belongs to the retailer for the first 180 days, in which case he would want it back.

If the new install was done in October, then the receiver belongs to the retailer for the first 30 days as this was a new policy that went into effect.

If the retailer has not been paid since September, then he probably didn't send in the paperwork

That retailer does not know the rules. Even if it was his receiver and you sent it to Dish, you would be doing him a favor since all he has to do is file a dispute with dish and they will repay him for the equipment if he was charged back.

As a retailer myselfe I'd much rather see the system go back to dish than be stuck with a used system and have to replace the remotes for the next customer

Claude, I thank you for your input on this matter. The upgrade was Done on 9/21/12 through the Retailer, which I have used in the pass with no problem. He told me that since it has been under one year I would need to return to him or face the mentioned $600.00 chargeback fee. And if I did return to him I would still be charged a fee which he indicated he still needed to calculate. I'm did a pm with a DIRT member and he indicated that through checking with a supervisor that I was not under a commitment with DISH. I fully understand the terms of DISH and that was what I was I going by in the return process. I have asked the retailer to supply a copy of what I signed on 9/21/12 as his technician did not supply me a copy and maybe that's not required I don't know.

You would return equipment to retailer. As you signed a contract with the retailer. As far as a charge for returned equipment, you'd need to check the contract signed.

sperry85 said:
You would return equipment to retailer. As you signed a contract with the retailer. As far as a charge for returned equipment, you'd need to check the contract signed.

The retailer is completely out of this, especially on an upgrade.

The fact the retailer is out $600 and never got paid and this customer is not under contract, leads me to believe the retailer never sent dish the signed contract.

Not trying to screw this retailer, but on upgrades it's between the customer and dish after the upgrade is finished.

Unless things have changed not sure a Dish retailier can have a secondary contract with the customer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)