Confuzzled: Have Dish now, what am I looking at to get HD again?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BrunoPuntzJones

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
I know, I know, just call them. Well I don't think their CS folks know what they are talking about half the time. Inconsistent answers, charges different than what someone else said, difficulty changing packages, etc.

In October of 2004 I got on with Dish, 12 month commitment, HD package package with America's 60.

No local channels
941 receiver (I think, older big silver one, no dvr)
511 receiver
Never hooked up to the phoneline

Can't remember the monthly fee. Was like $55.

Didn't need the 511 after about a month, sent it back and got the $5 a month taken off.

I wanted a DVR so bought a 501 off eBay and it worked great. I never watched the HD, so after the 12 month agreement, had them cancel the HD and sent them the 941 back.

So now my bill is just $29 a month. I own the DVR, and the 501 has no monthly fee. I don't have it hooked up to a phone line, but I don't get the $5 fee for it not being connected, and don't have locals (don't care for them). Been this way since say October of 05.

Now I'm interested in the HD package again, but will they cut me any sort of deal? I don't want a commitment, but may consider it if it's good enough.

Best I can figure is:

HD Bronze $50/mo
DVR fee $6/mo
HD credit -$10/mo
=$46 a month (assuming I can get away with no phone)

"Setup" $50
622 $200
=$250 to get the HD stuff. Minus whatever my 501 sells for.

Does that sound about right? At that price, probably will just pass, just want to make sure there isn't something better I am missing. Basically want the cheapest package with HD and a DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)