Connecting SW64 to Two Dish Receivers

amoda1

Original poster
May 8, 2005
Just wanted to ask a small question. I have two dishes (dish 500 Dual LNB 119 & 110) and dish 300 (61.5) single LNB. Both are connected to one reciver using switch sw21 and sw21X.
I just got another receiver and sw64. I want to connect the above using SW64. When I use SW64 even for one satellite (Dual 119) connected to sw64 A & B I get no signal and same goes for 110 or dish 300. Is there anything special that needs to be done? Any info or diagram on this would be appreciated.

First, did you get the power inserter with the SW64? It's required.

Second, you can't drive more than one receiver with a single Legacy LNBF - it will NOT drive a switch - at least not both odd and even - it WILL do one OR the other.

Yes I have the power inserter. The power inserter connects to one of the 4 outputs from the sw64 and the other end goes to the receiver. My question is that if I am getting the signal on the power inserter end what about the other 3 outputs to 3 different receivers, since the purpose of the sw64 switch is to connect to multiple receivers.

Making the long story short. Please advice on the following conifg ( I can get a Dual LNB for dish 300)

Trying to get signal to two or more receivers.
Using SW-64 (have power inserter)
One dish 500 (110 & 119) Dual LNB each
One dish 300 (61.5) Dual LNB

If anyone can explain on how to get signal from the above dishes and connecting to two or more receivers using sw64….Thanks.

Make sure that the power inserter is on Port 1. Otherwise, the switch or inserter may be bad. If you have a volt meter, you should hvae 24-28 V coming out of the power inserter to the SW64 and approx 12-15Vs on the A ports and 16-19V on the B ports. Good luck.

Connections from dishes:
1. Connect 119 LNB to 1A & 1B
2. Connect 110 LNB to 2A & 2B
3. Connect 61.5 LNB to 3A & 3B

Connections from receivers:
1. Connect receiver 1 to power inserter, connect power inserter to port 1 on the sw64 (make sure you don't reverse the connections on the power inserter)
2. Connect receiver 2 to port 2 on the sw64
3. You can leave the plastic covers on the other 2 ports on the sw64. They don't need to be connected to anything.

You don't need to have all three satellites connected for the sw64 to work, but you do need to have the power inserter powered up and connected to port one since that's what powers the switch.

From VOOM to DISH

Checked out DTV Website...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)