Connecting SWM/MRV to Router

Status
Please reply by conversation.

willager2

Original poster
May 27, 2010
Georgia
Had my new installation done. 3 HR24's and 1 H24 set up with SWM and MRV. Love the MRV, it works great. My problem is with connecting the new system to the internet so I can get On Demand. I guess because this is a new set up it seems the installers are not sure exactly how everything is done. The installer ran an ethernet cable directly from the closest HR24 to my router. No internet access and it messed up the MRV. After removing the cable and rebooting the HR24 I had MRV back.

From my reading I know there should be a DECCA installed at my router, but that is all I know of the installation. I have another installer due out tomorrow. Can anyone tell me exactly how the SWM system is connected to my router so I can help him out?
Thanks

When an ethernet cable is connected to a HR24, DECA is disabled, as you experienced.

A cable from your splitter will be run to the DECA module (or another splitter and cable will be added where convenient). A power supply module is also connected to the DECA. The ethernet port on the DECA goes to your router. You may need to reset the network settings on all of the receivers.

The connection should look something like this (as Bob described):

deca.jpg

The connection should look something like this (as Bob described):

deca.jpg

I'm to assume this diagram is taking into account the 21V PI is *before* the initial SWM splitter? Also, does it matter which leg of the SWM splitter you place the 18V PI for the router (I noticed the diagram is showing it to be on the power passing leg)?

As the diagram shows, the PI for the router connects to the receiver port of the DECA, not to the splitter. The only place where you need to use the power passing leg is for the PI feeding the SWM (if it is located after the splitter).

As the diagram shows, the PI for the router connects to the receiver port of the , not to the splitter. The only place where you need to use the power passing leg is for the PI feeding the SWM (if it is located after the splitter).

Sorry. Guess I wasn't explaining myself well enough. The DECA is connected to the power passing leg in the diagram. This is not required...right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)