Considering the Move to Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Only my Hopper 3 gets an IP from my router, the Joey 3.0 does not appear on my routers connected devices.

Have you checked your router when your Joey3 is streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime?

I have two Hopper3 receivers and a Joey3 receiver. My Living Room Hopper3 receiver is connected by cat 6 to my Home router. The Family Room Hopper3 receiver and my Bedroom Joey3 both use moca and are connected with Rg6 coax.
But all 3 receivers obtain an I/P address from my router. I also have Bridging turned on on both Hopper3 receivers.
When I do a speed test (test connections) the speed is 212 Mbps on both Hopper3 receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This may be a good time to mention that wireless joeys do not connect to your network, but an access point from Dish. So much like MoCA, which one's home network may use but Dish doesn't touch, creating their own, Dish creates and uses a separate wireless network.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This may be a good time to mention that wireless joeys do not connect to your network, but an access point from Dish. So much like MoCA, which one's home network may use but Dish doesn't touch, creating their own, Dish creates and uses a separate wireless network.
Through MoCa they also create their own wired network without touching your home network. The Hopper uses your home network for connection to the internet but not the Joeys.

Through MoCa they also create their own wired network without touching your home network. The Hopper uses your home network for connection to the internet but not the Joeys.
That was the point I was trying to get across. But I might have phrased it wrong, have a tooth that is seriously acting up to the point where I'm wondering where the pliers are...

• Wow
Cost is higher than competitors?? Having had Dish, Direct and Comcast within a 6 yr period, I can emphatically state this is wrong. Now, if you don't call Dish when your contract expires and the price goes up to renegotiate a lower price - something both Direct and Comcast refused to do, then you're the one to blame for paying higher bills
Absolutely.

If you have Comcast internet and you bundle you will easily save $40 a month OR more plus have your sports channels that DISH has pulled off.

Comcast has jacked up the price of their stand alone internet so badly.

and I have 2 wired Joeys connected to my Hopper via MoCa and they work just as well... ;)
And I have 2 wired Joeys connected to my Hopper and they work just as well too. Only one is on MoCA as well as GigE.
The Hopper uses your home network for connection to the internet but not the Joeys.
Unless your Joey is on your own network like one of mine is. Since that works great, I wonder why it wouldn't work just as well over 3rd party MoCA adapters. (I have no experience with such.)

Many speak Tagalog .
The two official languages of the Philippines are Filipino and English.

"Filipino is an updated version of Tagalog that includes elements of other native Philippine languages, as well as English, Spanish, Malay and Chinese."

Reactions: Bobby and TheKrell
The two official languages of the Philippines are Filipino and English.

"Filipino is an updated version of Tagalog that includes elements of other native Philippine languages, as well as English, Spanish, Malay and Chinese."

Just going off first hand knowledge having many Philippine friends while in the navy. What they shared, not what google turned up. Yes therebere many Spanish terms intermingled. One friend was half Philippine and half Chinese.

Reactions: NYDutch
Resurrecting my old thread:

I got sidetracked last summer when I decided to try out a Fire Stick, in anticipation of using the Dish Anywhere app on seldom used TVs. This led me down the road to experimenting with streaming services, which led to getting an antenna for my local channels (keeping in mind the credit I could receive from Dish).

Long story short, there were too many compromises with streaming that the minimal cost savings could not justify…. As I referred to in a previous post, I did indeed run 3 lines of RG6 in preparation for the anticipated Dish installation (Hopper 3 and two Joeys). However, I used one of them for my antenna. I really don’t care to run another line, but I will if I have to...

It would be much easier to just use a Hybrid Tap, but I noticed some negative comments elsewhere on the forum? I am aware of the fact that the Hybrid Tap can only service one Joey—no splitters, and that would not be a problem. As a third option, I also realize that I could use a wireless Joey.

Is there a preferred option between running an additional RG6, Hybrid Tap, or wireless Joey, or would it just be a matter of whatever is the most convenien?

Resurrecting my old thread:

I got sidetracked last summer when I decided to try out a Fire Stick, in anticipation of using the Dish Anywhere app on seldom used TVs. This led me down the road to experimenting with streaming services, which led to getting an antenna for my local channels (keeping in mind the credit I could receive from Dish).

Long story short, there were too many compromises with streaming that the minimal cost savings could not justify…. As I referred to in a previous post, I did indeed run 3 lines of RG6 in preparation for the anticipated Dish installation (Hopper 3 and two Joeys). However, I used one of them for my antenna. I really don’t care to run another line, but I will if I have to...

It would be much easier to just use a Hybrid Tap, but I noticed some negative comments elsewhere on the forum? I am aware of the fact that the Hybrid Tap can only service one Joey—no splitters, and that would not be a problem. As a third option, I also realize that I could use a wireless Joey.

Is there a preferred option between running an additional RG6, Hybrid Tap, or wireless Joey, or would it just be a matter of whatever is the most convenien?
You can use a splitter on the Client port of a Tap

So then it would be safe to say that there is no real advantage to running an extra RG6, when I can just use the Client port of the Tap?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts