Consumer Reports ranks AT&T U.S. worst carrier, Verizon leads the way

I've dealt with the 4 major carriers. All have their positives and negatives.

I'd rate them based on my experience this way.

1. Verizon. Best coverage, mediocre customer service.

2. Tie AT&T and Tmobile. Both have solid coverage AT&T has slightly better coverage, but Tmobile has much better customer service.

4. Sprint. Terrible coverage, text messages lag, disappearing voicemails. Customer service is ok, but offers no answers but to tell you they're upgrading.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Coverage is very dependent on where you live for Tmobile and Sprint. Sprint is the worst for coverage. In Ct when I am there Tmobile has very sparse coverage. ATT and Verizon really do have much better coverage overall. ATT has greatly improved customer service in my opinion.

I have found that AT&T CS has been for the most part friendly and attempts to help (but in the case of my U-verse a bit incompitent, which isnt totally fair, but when dealing with a complicated issue it was a nitemare becouse of so many departments that don't seem to talk to each other. Had to get the ceo involved to get the Uverse fixed). As for the coverage for my Iphone, G4 has been superior to G3 but coverage here in NE ohio is spotty at best and in the country get the dreaded no service on the screen.

They were rated last in customer service but first in 4G network.
I've actually been pretty pleased with ATT of late. I was ready to leave about a year ago due to poor service and poor customer service.

Interesting thing is that they have 4G in my area but do not allow it for the iPhone even though my iPhone says 4G.

AT&T used to suck BAD.. but they have made some amazing progress over the last 2 years.

I still consider Verizon #1 but AT&T is catching up very quick.

Been with AT&T since they were Cingular back in 2006. Have had no real issues thankfully with billing or support. I did like how when I had the Motorola Q9h and the (ironically) "Q" key broke they told me to just send the phone back, and they sent me back the newly updated model with a better form and newer Windows Mobile OS. Also they sent me the whole regular package, so I didn't just get a new phone, but also got another set of batteries and other accessories. Finally, having unlimited* data for $30/month is pretty nice in this day and age, especially once they finally get around to installing LTE in my area.

I have At&T for my personal phone and Spring fora business phone. I have had far more CS problems with Sprint than with AT&T-----though neither is perfect. add to that the fact that Sprint is almost always slower and I have to say that my experience does not match CR in this case.

I just had an issue with my service and AT&T was surprisingly helpful and cut a large charge off my bill. They seemed to want to bend over backwards to make me happy. Very different experience compared to a few years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)