Control TV1 & TV2 from one remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

beauxp

Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I have a 522 with the remotes that came with the unit as well as a 6.2 remote. I have setup the 6.2 remote to opperate tv1 and I use the uhf remote that came with the unit to control tv2. Is there anyway to program these remotes so that they will opperate both tv1 and tv2, one using the regular sat button and the other using the aux button.

I have a 6.2 remote setup to control two 508. One on sat. and the other on aux. It's a nice feature of the 6.2 remote.
Yes, it will work since the 508 uses UHF signals instead of UHF PRO signals.

Therefore, you have the correct TAB/CHIP on the remote to make the SAT Mode operate with IR/UHF signals which will control Sat Receiver 1, and then when you programed the AUX Mode to function as a Satellite Receiver Remote, it sends out IR/UHF signals to control Sat Receiver 2. Each UHF receiver is using a different remote address.

But this scenario will not work on a DishPro Plus receiver, because the RF signals sent out in AUX Mode are not UHF PRO.

EDIT: For accuracy: Changed TV1 to Sat Receiver 1; Changed TV2 to Sat Receiver 2.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts