CONUS Locals off-air?

mixz1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Cancun, Mexico
As of 5:45 EDT the New York SD locals are off air with a Dish generated card stating don't call, we know about this and are working on it. Any info?

All Superstations except for WSBK have the message up. So it's at least in New York City, Los Angeles, and Denver. Those channels went down at around 3:30 this afternoon. Yankee fans can't be too happy, as the game is airing on WWOR right now.

I am seeing a normal signal on transponder 20 but all channels are showing the do not call card.

Had an issue with Charlotte HD locals last week.Not sure what's going on.

Eastern Arc only. All superstations are fine on my WA, but not the NY ones on my EA.

Is it sun spot season?Think thats already passed.The issue we had last week was on the western arc with our locals they were out around an hr.and displayed the no need to call message.The 612 on the eastern arc was fine,so were the sd locals.

Eastern Arc only. All superstations are fine on my WA, but not the NY ones on my EA.

They just got them back up and running over the past 20 minutes, with WWOR being the last to come back on. With the score saying that the Yanks are losing, I'd say ALL technical difficulties have been fixed. ;)

Is it sun spot season?Think thats already passed.The issue we had last week was on the western arc with our locals they were out around an hr.and displayed the no need to call message.The 612 on the eastern arc was fine,so were the sd locals.

Sun spots don't affect sat. Solar fade does when the sun is behind a sat though.

An outage like this suggests a backhaul problem. The arcs are uplinked at different locations since the Eastern Arc has to be uplinked underneath the spot beam (or an adjacent one) and the western arc is uplinked from other locations. Perhaps someone with a backhoe cut the fiber.

An outage like this suggests a backhaul problem. The arcs are uplinked at different locations since the Eastern Arc has to be uplinked underneath the spot beam (or an adjacent one) and the western arc is uplinked from other locations. Perhaps someone with a backhoe cut the fiber.

Yea thats a possibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)