Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
There is some miss information floating around out there on other forums, so I wanted to set the record straight.

Dish WILL be coming out with a upgrade kit which will upgrade a SuperDISH to a new Dish 500 Plus or a Dish 1000 Plus.

There is no need to try reinventing the wheel on how to do this when Dish has already done this and this kit will be available soon.

However with that said we did have one user who decided to play mad scientist and turned his SuperDISH into a Dish 500 Plus Dish! This must be seen to be believed!

Attachments

• 118 DISH MOD.doc
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,872
Thanks for the info Scott. Also looking at some earlier info also supplied by you, I believe it was said the upgrade kit for the SuperDish 121 would be called a "Repoint Kit", which is basically the modifications being done in the above attachment.

If you have any more info on (real) kits to convert the SuperDish, price, availability, etc..., would appreciate it.

Thanks again for all your info.

Last edited:
Many of us are waiting for this news I've got a SuperDish with a bad LNBF that cuts out everyday. I get German internationals so I'll need the plus to see 118.7, so I wait....

So this is what Dish Network will do to save money on the S&H for the reflectors. Also this would be great for those that may have weaker signals and need them strengthened.

superdish1000+

Just when i thought i was the only one talking about this fss lnb i find a whole thread about people's interestes in this. I have been trying to work dish cs for one these for awhile no go because i use a 61.5 instead 129 so i am looking to buy this repoint kit for my superdish 105 or make a offer to a dish tech :hatsoff: i have already drilled my direct tv super dish once's putting a dish pro 500 lnd on it did not like the setup so to keep trying dish cs to see what become of it.

p.s yes i did the imposible with dish cs i work them for a vip622 $199 with only the top 120 package:tux: :eek: :hungry: :hatsoff:

And this isn't the only thread!

I haven't called in a couple of weeks or so, but the last time I called, no one in CSR or tech support new anything about the "Repoint Kit".

Yes your are right so what are they calling it if there even such a thing on the market ? I have a major interestes in this dish setup and looking to buy one in the next few day so i maybe calling dish to order one if possible that 61.5 kinda put a monkey wrench in this idea.

There's a book that retailers/contractors use to help determine what equipment should be used in an installation, and the version that was dated in July 2006 (maybe June) , does list the "SuperDish Repoint Kit". Scott first mentioned a kit for the SuperDish 121 on a Team Summit thread some time back. However, I believe whenever it does come out, it would work on both the SD 121 and SD 105, since everything is (suppose to be) the same except for the LNBF cluster which would be replaced with the repoint kit.

I think the Dish 500+/1000+ is more important and has more applicability to Dish at the moment, and they are trying to keep up with demand for it. So I doubt that we will see it soon. I have 2 SD-121. One is outside of New Orleans that is no longer needed, but I may later upgrade to HD there; if so, I would rather just swap the LNBF cluster and re-peak/re-point.

Why do you need 61.5?

OK, I admit I am not very knowlegable about this stuff. Does this mean I should change my Dish? I had a new install on my new house (May 2006), and they put the "bigger" Dish on my roof. I don't know if it is a SuperDish or Dish 1000 or Dish 1000 plus or what. I have all the HD channels (platinum) and my Cincinnati locals. I have a hard time getting signals on about half of my HD channels, would this help, or do I already have this "new dish" discussed on this thread?

No need to tell me to read what is on the dish itself, because the line of site is along my roof and can't see it without getting on the roof.

Sorry for being stupid on this. All these variations are confusing me. Maybe it would help some of us if someone were to jot down the similarities and differences (layman's terms) between superdish, dish 1000, dish 500 plus, etc.

Listed from smaller to largest in size, I think there were the following dishes in May, but without Legacy/DishPro/DishPro Plus variances:
1. 18" dish or Dish 300 with a single or dual LNBF for a single satellite at either 61.5 or 148, as well as either 119, 110, or 129; but not 121 and 105.
2. 20" Dish 500 - normally with a Twin LNBF for two satellites at 119 and 110.
3. Dish 1000 - to receive 3 satellites at 119, 110, and 129. (Is bigger than Dish 500.)
4. SuperDish 121 - to receive 3 satellites at 119, 110, and 121. (Is bigger than Dish 1000.)
5. SuperDish 105 - to receive 3 satellites at 119, 110, and 105.

During the summer, 3 new dishes, 1 Repoint Kit, and 1 new satellite were announced, but may not be available yet.

6. Dish 1000.2 - which is bigger than the Dish 1000, but still only receives 119, 110, and 129.
7. Dish 500+ - which is smaller than the SuperDish but bigger than the Dish 1000.2, but receives 119, 110, and 118.7.
8. Dish 1000+ - is identical to the Dish 500+, but has a bracket and LNBF to receive 119, 110, 118.7, and 129.
9. SuperDish Repoint Kit - changes 119, 110, & 121 to receive 119, 110, 118.7, and 129 with he bracket/LNBF option.

Generally:
For regular programming you need to receive 119 and 110.
For HD programming, you need 129. But those programs are also on 61.5 as MPEG2.
For Local SD Channels: It could be almost any of the above satellites or even more than one.
For Local HD Channels: It could be on one of several.
For International Channels: It is usually on 61.5 and/or 148, maybe 121, and now 118.7, depending on which package(s).

In the meantime, I suspect you have the original Dish 1000. If you are having problems, maybe you need to have it peaked for 129, and then install a Dish 500 to receive 119 and 110; or the other way around, peak Dish 1000 for 119 and 110, with a Dish 500 for 129, or even 61.5 if not needed for Cincinati locals (SD and/or HD).

Someone else may already have this and will post, but I'll take a look at HD with Cincinnati locals and see what birds you need to look at. Then there may be an option if you are having trouble getting HD on 129.

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
There is some miss information floating around out there on other forums, so I wanted to set the record straight.

Dish WILL be coming out with a upgrade kit which will upgrade a SuperDISH to a new Dish 500 Plus or a Dish 1000 Plus.

There is no need to try reinventing the wheel on how to do this when Dish has already done this and this kit will be available soon.

However with that said we did have one user who decided to play mad scientist and turned his SuperDISH into a Dish 500 Plus Dish! This must be seen to be believed!

I went on a trouble call in the last couple of weeks, customer had a superdish mounted to the roof of the mobile home... Superdish LNBs have seem to come extinct, his programming was also available on the 118.7, I wasn't allowed to put a pole up in the community, and I certainly could not mount the 500+ to the roof, so I tried the frankenstein mod by utilizing the Superdish and by golly it worked and it worked quite well, NICE signal strengths on all three birds.

I give credit where credit is due. :)

i have a sd that i want to convert to a dish 1000 plus are the "Repoint Kit"'s
available yet and if so where?

I was not going to wait for a retro kit, I bought a 500 plus two weeks ago. The 121 won't do me any good and I did not want to reposition my 30" from 61.5 to 121 and I would lose SkyAngel. Had to buy the DPP 44 switch-ouch.

It's actually easy to install. Find 119, set the skew to peak 110-BAM 118 automatically there

timfouts said:
. Had to buy the DPP 44 switch-ouch.

i guess i'll just buy a 500plus as i also have no need of 121 and can't get here
in s.w. florida anyway. also i have 61.5 to and don't want to give it up so i picked
up a dpp44 this morning on e-bay, this seller has them for $95 + 15 shipping brand new.

Last edited: