Converting from Wally and VP211Z to Hopper Duo with Joey

wemiller53

Original poster
Jun 20, 2020
Wisconsin
I currently have a 1000.2 antenna with Wally and ZiP211Z receivers installed on my seasonal camper. My goal is to switch the receivers to Hopper Duo and Joey. What will be required for me to use the same antenna installation? Thank You!

I currently have a 1000.2 antenna with Wally and ZiP211Z receivers installed on my seasonal camper. My goal is to switch the receivers to Hopper Duo and Joey. What will be required for me to use the same antenna installation? Thank You!
Nothing, the antenna is fine for a Hopper Duo but you need to run the coax from port 1 output to a Solo Hub ("Blue" ODU port_ then form the "Purple" Host port to the Hopper and from 1 of the "orange" Client ports to the Joey. Understand the Hopper and Joey are Connected. The Joey is useless without the Hopper, if you're thinking you're going to use that as a stand alone receiver in your camper

Nothing, the antenna is fine for a Hopper Duo but you need to run the coax from port 1 output to a Solo Hub ("Blue" ODU port_ then form the "Purple" Host port to the Hopper and from 1 of the "orange" Client ports to the Joey. Understand the Hopper and Joey are Connected. The Joey is useless without the Hopper, if you're thinking you're going to use that as a stand alone receiver in your camper

Thanks for the quick response. I do understand that the Joey is not a stand alone receiver. I was looking for confirmation that the standard 1000.2 would work. Thanks again for the quick help!

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts