This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cost of service question

hmjs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
United States
Now I'm not trying to start any controversy I just have an honest question. My Dish bill was up to $130.00 for top 250, three 722's and 2 regular HD receivers.
I got them back down to $90.00. I have a vacation house where cable is available and I get TV (one DVR and service throughout the house), internet and unlimited phone service for $105.00. Why is the Dish tv only service so high?

Competetion and possibly your choice of equipment/programming. Also you are comparing APPLES and ORANGES. Your 3 722s cost you $54 in additional outlet fees plus DVR fee.

Because of the dual tuner receivers.The first 722 is free,the other two cost an extra $17 each per month.That alone is $34,add the other 2 HD receivers,it amounts to $48 in receiver fees.

As mentioned pretty much apples to oranges comparison. I would need to know if anything with the Cable is a promotional period. Then, is the programming you are getting with them as good as the Top250. And you are comparing many receivers to what sounds like much less with the Cable account. It sounds like you would be paying less with a Hopper set-up also.
I know with Charter, if you were getting their three service package that was somewhere in the area of $100 a month, the programming was nowhere near the Top250. If you got that deal with a programming package near the Top250 the cost went up significantly.

As said, too many receivers. If you need them, look at Hopper alternative.

Because your on a promotion with the cable company, and your not on a promotion with Dish.

Wait till the promo expires with the cable company and Dish will seem like a much better value again.

As mentioned above...look for hopper setup. Depending on your need looks like 2 hopper with 3 joeys. Btw...how was you able to reduce your dish bill by so much?