Countdown

MikeD-C05 said:
No, I just want the new update PLEASE!!

I'll second this. Only thing I'd like more then this right now is a user selectable auto pause feature that kicks in the moment a commercial airs when you are watching live tv. The networks would fight this suggestion to the death though. :evil:

Wasn't there a promise for a release of this software before?

If they are still waiting then maybe there are still bugs to be worked out. Thats the only reason I could think of there being a delay.

Stargazer said:
Wasn't there a promise for a release of this software before?

If they are still waiting then maybe there are still bugs to be worked out. Thats the only reason I could think of there being a delay.

There have been multiple promises. That is why nobody really expects this one to be fulfilled! Sorry Scott.

Mitch

Well, they still have to Nov 1 st before they have to have the superdish capability on the dish pointing screen. So probably between now and Nov before we will get the software update. Of course I could be wrong about that one. :?

They could have an updated that only includes SuperDish capibility while leaving the other features out if they feel as if they are not ready to release it yet, although its been said that they want to release the SuperDish software along with the other features everyone has been waiting for as well.

Stargazer said:
They could have an updated that only includes SuperDish capibility while leaving the other features out if they feel as if they are not ready to release it yet.

I agree.

Sometimes I really have to question the whole Echostar philosophy on software upgrades. It seems that they often try to do TOO much in one software upgrade.

In the 70s I took a few courses from instructors from Bell Labs (I was with the Bell system for over 30 years) and one of the things that they ALWAYS harped on was "never attempt to make a lot of changes at one time. It is better to do several small software releases then one with massive changes".

makman said:
Dishnetwork's Motto:
Promise a lot, deliver a little, or nothing, always late.
LOL!! I'd love to see Charlie wearing a T-shirt with that motto boldly emblazoned across the front on the next Charlie Chat.

It's a real shame when I met with Charlie and Jim I did not have my camera with me.

I can't believe the hospitality EVERYONE at Dish Network showed me this past week.

I received some open invitations from a few folks and I would love to do them, but at this time its an issue of time and money.

But who knows some day you might turn on a Charlie or Tech Chat and see me there. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts