Couple questions

wireless200

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2005
I got dish. It's not bad. Better then Time Warner because every channel is consistently good and the DVR and box work better. The DVR hard drive is much quieter than the TW one.

My only rap on the 625 is it only has two tuners. If you've got two sets of people watching both televisions then you're pretty limited in how you go about recording stuff.

I have two questions. First what is the "show skip" and "hide skip" feature? I assume the show skip is the live TV stuff that it records all the time it's on. I click "hide skip" but it does not default there. All the junk stuff its recording shows up there ever time I look at my recorded programs. How can I either stop it from putting the stuff there or else get it to default to hide skip? The documentation was not clear on how to do this or even what it is.

Secondly even though I told it to hide the adult channels they still show up. I'm trying to avoid having my father-in-law who doesn't speak english stumble on to those channels and accidently (or on purpose) select a xxx ppv.

I have no idea about the first question. Sounds like named based nonsense, someone else will have to help with that...

2nd question, lock the channels, or learn to say "no" in your F-I-N's language while pointing at the channels. He's actually got to click ok multiple times to order an xxx ppv, and common sense would tell you that's different than normal tv, but...lock em anyways. Parental locks, search for it on dishnetwork.com or read your manual.

DPP44 and Dish500

Dish 625 receiver Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)