cox communication

Tokebuddude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I live in an area where Cox rules.. They have just recently added HD in my area.. THEY SUCK!! U still can't beat Voom in price and sheer volume of programming.. They want like 75 dollars a month and u only get abc nbc cbs and 2 generic Discovery Channel channels.. The only thing cox could offer me that Voom doesn't have that I want is Scifi..

Cox, Comcast and Adelphia have carved up my area. Each one has its own monopoly and their HD packages stink - too little, too late. However, I must admit that cable is coming up to speed so Voom had better not fall asleep at the wheel.

Man I hate Cox Comm. If I lived somewhere like San Diego, I'd love them. But COX bought up all these small companies, and now their stretched too thin to do the upgrades neccesary for people formally served by smaller but more committed providers. Mine has told me flat out they are over-compressing as is, and can't add any more until they go from 850 to 1000 line setup.

You'd probably like Cox in Las Vegas. HD PVR is now available. HD Channels include

ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, Starz, Showtime, HBO, Cinemax, Discovery, ESPN, INhd1, INhd2 and all Padres games in HD.

That sounds like the lineup my friends in San Diego get. That' why I went with satellite. I refuse to be a second class customer. Of course, if HD locals into top 30 markets happens with E*, D*, and V*, I'll have no recourse except Canadian DBS. My outside hope is SBC pulling off the HDTV through fiber it is proposing.

Cox in Hampton Roads Va really sucks. They only have CBSHD, PCSHD, Discovery, ESPNHD, INHD1, INHD2, HBOHD.

Hey, hey, hey! I work for Cox so ease up people ;)

You'll be happy to know I work for the cable modem stuff, I can direct your complaints to the video guys for you though :p

negreenfield said:

You'll be happy to know I work for the cable modem stuff, I can direct your complaints to the video guys for you though :p
Well, if it matters, I think Cox High Speed is great :) I just have a problem with Cox video service is my town. We pay more for far less than Cox customers in other cities.

I cannot express with words how much I hate Cox so I will leave it at that. I recently ended a digital cable experiment with them and went down to return the box and ask them how much I owed since I was going back down to basic cable and internet. Of course that included the 20 dollar downgrade fee. Anyway, the lady told me 98.32 after she figured it all up, and I wrote her a check. I get a bill yesterday saying I had a late fee of $8.64 from last month on top of my regular payment this month. I made a call to Cox and explained there was an error on my bill since I made a special trip down to the office and asked them to figure up how much I owed, then I paid it. The lady on the phone gave me some line saying that they don't know exactly how much it is going to be when they figure it up and that the charge was not an error. So I kindly asked her if she could cancel my entire account with Cox or transfer me to someone who could. She replied, "you want to cancel everything?". "Yes maam", I said, "If I am going to be lied to by your employees I will just use satellite for my TV services". This kind of freaked her out and she put me on hold. Get this, she comes back and said after talking to her supervisor, there is no way they can remove the eight dollar charge. This is how greedy the cable company is. They would rather lose a long time customer who gives them almost a hundred dollars a month,over eight dollars that they did not tell you that you owed in the first place, than to take it off your bill. I would gladly have paid the eight dollars when I went down there if that's what my total would have been. What a bunch of greedy bastards. I told her forget it, I am going down to the office and talk to the lady who lied to me in person. I can't wait to see what they say down there.

kaw

squicken said:
Well, if it matters, I think Cox High Speed is great :) I just have a problem with Cox video service is my town. We pay more for far less than Cox customers in other cities.

I have Charter Cable and while their Internet is very good with a 3megd/256ku feed for $39/month their video is absoulute crap. I have disconnected twice just keeping internet and no one has even disconnected the dang cable. Even though it is free I still don't watch it cause it is so bad. The HD is all blocky and they only offer locals, with no PBS, DHDT, and ESPNHD. Madison WI :no

kawdog said:
I cannot express with words how much I hate Cox so I will leave it at that. I recently ended a digital cable experiment with them and went down to return the box and ask them how much I owed since I was going back down to basic cable and internet. Of course that included the 20 dollar downgrade fee. Anyway, the lady told me 98.32 after she figured it all up, and I wrote her a check. I get a bill yesterday saying I had a late fee of $8.64 from last month on top of my regular payment this month. I made a call to Cox and explained there was an error on my bill since I made a special trip down to the office and asked them to figure up how much I owed, then I paid it. The lady on the phone gave me some line saying that they don't know exactly how much it is going to be when they figure it up and that the charge was not an error. So I kindly asked her if she could cancel my entire account with Cox or transfer me to someone who could. She replied, "you want to cancel everything?". "Yes maam", I said, "If I am going to be lied to by your employees I will just use satellite for my TV services". This kind of freaked her out and she put me on hold. Get this, she comes back and said after talking to her supervisor, there is no way they can remove the eight dollar charge. This is how greedy the cable company is. They would rather lose a long time customer who gives them almost a hundred dollars a month,over eight dollars that they did not tell you that you owed in the first place, than to take it off your bill. I would gladly have paid the eight dollars when I went down there if that's what my total would have been. What a bunch of greedy bastards. I told her forget it, I am going down to the office and talk to the lady who lied to me in person. I can't wait to see what they say down there.

kaw
I feel your pain, brother :mad: This is what makes monopolies suck so hard. Some people with no LOS just have to put up with it.

I have COX here and I get their HDTV service on my television which has a built in QAM tuner.

The picture was great, however over the past few weeks they have started compressing the HD signals so they can fit 3 HD channels in 1 6 MHZ space. And now what once looked very good now looks worse then standard def NSTC.

squicken said:
I too am a Cox broadband user and am pleased with cox in that respect :D :cool:

negreenfield said:

I use Cox broadband service..and am very happy with it.. I'm not pleased with Cox digital and HD channel package. :cool:

kawdog said:
Of course that included the 20 dollar downgrade fee.

$20 to degrade your service!??!! That is outlandish even for Cox. Though they are a bit behind in their billing. I just got a cancellation notice dated 6/20/04 saying they were going to disconnect me for late payment of $224. The notice was dated July 8, 2004. Yesterday I made a payment of $40.18 to get everything caught up. Geez, so slow.

Phaetos

I wish I was making this stuff up, but it is true. It costs 20 dollars to go down to basic cable from expanded basic on Cox Communications in Ruston, La. What a joke...

kaw

When you have Cox HD service there is a charge for Basic,Extended, Digital, plus HD Cable on your bill.

How did this get on the Voom page??

I dropped Cox Cable and Cox High Speed.

Used them way too long and they gave nothing back, not even free increase in Cox Speeds like most other companies are handing out. e.g 1.5 Download to 3.0 download speeds.

F cox.

DrWho said:
I dropped Cox Cable and Cox High Speed.

Used them way too long and they gave nothing back, not even free increase in Cox Speeds like most other companies are handing out. e.g 1.5 Download to 3.0 download speeds.

F cox.
because cox has had 3 Meg downloads all along, all the other companies came up to the same number we have had forever...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)