Cox/Motorola DCT6416 III DVR Fast Forward

Jim22

Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Hi:
I’m taking advantage of a free evaluation of a Motorola DCT6416 III DVR, and have a question about fast forward. The manual says there are three speeds, slow, medium, and rapid. All seem pretty fast, and a speed change isn’t particularly noticeable. Before contacting COX, I wanted to get opinions from others – is the slow fairly slow, like X2 or x5 and the other speeds noticeably faster?

My Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD recorder has x2, 10, 30, 70, and 200, and the speed changes are obvious.

It’s certainly possible I have a problem with the DVR. When I first received the DVR, it would start to malfunction in a few hours, finally displaying a dim picture on the TV. It was an awkward time for problems, since I was attempting to connect it with my DVD recorder and VCR and also learn how to use it. Before I could schedule a technician to come to my house, the problems went away. It appeared to be heat related, but the DVR is installed in an area with good ventilation and temperature isn’t above the 80’s.

Another question: Is there a search mode on this site? If so, where is it? I signed up a few hours ago and am still learning about the site.

Thanks, Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts