cruise

wwrockyou1

Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
Went on a cruise, and before we had even sailed, people were complaining, and they did not stop the whole week, We enjoyed every minute.
With Voom we have had no problems and have been very happy. I can watch golf in HD and I don't even like golf!
That said if you are looking for problems you will find them with anything, even if it was free they would complain.
VOOM ON!

Glad you had a nice cruise, like your golf watching, I find myself watching HD programming I would never have watched before I got V*

I agree that some people like to complain just to complain. That is annoying. BUT...I think it is legitimate to post to the forum concerns (call them complaints if you will) about about V* service, equipment, install problems, etc. If nothing else, for advice from more experienced Voomers.

I am a newbie, had V* for less than two weeks. Here are my takes so far:

1. CSR's have been nothing but helpful and polite with one exception. On install day, when I realized I could get no locals, CSR tried to imply somehow that was not V*'s fault and got defensive, maybe I did not live in an area that could receive them. (That has since been corrected, new antenna, all locals received.)

2. The STB "lockup" situation, where you have to reboot to change channels, etc. has definitely been an issue for me. All of the 4 STB's that I have tried here have this problem, even the replacements. Another service call this week to replace again. Isn't it extremely expensive for V* to have to send service people out over and over to replace bad equipment? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to test the equipment first? Maybe not, just wondering. If there are this many problems with the current receivers, I shudder to think about the upcoming (hopefully!) DVR's.

3. The OTA situation has been solved for me but it took a second antenna. The Installs Inc. CSR hinted that this was an every day occurence with V*, she said that especially in Texas they almost always have to come back with a stronger antenna. Why not just have the backup on the truck instead of having to reschedule a followup call? Again, wouldn't that be more cost effective? My installer had no backup receivers, antennas, anything. Maybe that is an isolated situation, I don't know. I just know that if I have to call a plumber, electrician, cable guy, etc. they always have what they need on their truck.

I am totally committed to giving V* every chance to come through for me. I love the concept, channel lineup is awesome, looking forward to my first NFL game in HD today. :up

Bottom line: GO V*... the picture is worth the hassle so far. :bow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)