CSR Experience.

moltomateo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
I know people just love talking about how bad CSR's are from Dish Network. Some even say their one bad experience is evidence of a universal problem with CSR's. They go so far as to threaten to go to DTV or elsewhere, where not surprisingly, they apparently have better CSRs. I have learned from reading many posts by dissatisfied customers that the grass ALWAYS seems greener on the other side (till they have a problem with that provider and switch back or switch again.. so sneaky!). New customer promotions are just too hard to resist! Your provider sucks all else are great!

I wanted to share with you my experience with a CSR from comcast to show that there are bad CSRs at any company. For you technical minded people out there, the frustration in my conversation should be obvious. There is an authorization issue. Yet, she troubleshooted my tv. I totally get what it's like to talk to a dumba-- on the other end now. I am a TSRII with dish network. I hear from customers the horror stories that previous agents could not help them, did not speak english, or simply did not understand what they were talking about.

Here is my experience with Comcast. Unlike some others, I know the grass isn't always greener on the other side, I know that there are good TSR's/CSR's, and there are bad CSR's/TSR's. I won't bash Comcast and I won't threaten to leave. I will simply sympathize with those who have had similar poor experiences.

------------------------------------------------

Amy > Thank you for contacting Comcast. My name is Amy. How may I assist you today?
Matt > I have a question about HD.
Amy > Can I please have your account number
Amy > Thank you. Please hold while I access your account.
Matt > ok
Amy > Thank you for holding
Amy > How may I assist you
Matt > I have the hd motorola receiver but 2 channels I dont have access to are UHD and INHD
Amy > one moment
Matt > Are these channels available in my area?
Amy > When you go to those channels what are you getting
Matt > not authorized for odering information press info
Matt > on both channesl
Matt > channels, all else work fine
Amy > one moment
Amy > You do have a high definition television
Matt > no but the rca outputs downsample to my sd tv
Matt > so I can see whats showing just not in true HD
Matt > except for those 2 channels
Amy > Those channels are high definition channels. You need to have high definition to receive these channels
Matt > how do i "have high definition"
Amy > You need a high definition television
Matt > No you don't, the motorola DCT 6412, my dvr model, can downsample the hd content to sd over an rca cable, which is how I see it.
Matt > Additionally an HD tv would not grant me authorization, any idea why it says no authorization on those two channels?
Amy > Right, some channels are high definition only
Matt > True
Matt > I am seeing all hd channels but those two, if that makes sense
Matt > they are showing in hd, but downsampled to sd on my tv because I use rca instead of component cables or hdmi
Amy > You will have access to those other channels, however the two you are asking about are strictly high definition
Matt > in other words, big difference in quality, like a very high quality dvd
Matt > so how to I get access then
Amy > You need a high definition television to be able to access these 2 channels
Matt > Why am I able to see all the other channels? And theoretically I can connect a component cable to the back of the dvr, to test this theory one moment.
Matt > i'm going to connect the dvr via component video cables (HD) and rca for audio, even in hd, rca can work for audio
Amy > Because the DVR is high definition compatible, however the INHD and UHD are strickly high definition only. Which means you have to have high definition to view them
Matt > Just one more moment I am trying the connection, but I am just curious, because I am in tech support for dish network, authorization never had anything to do with the tv itself, it usually is resolved by sending a hit (signal) and making sure the proper codes are on the account.
Matt > Ok so obviously I cant see the video because I dont have an HDTV, i can check for audio on those two channels though
Matt > Using the high definition cable i hear no audio and see a distorted not authorized
Amy > Because you need a high definition television to view those 2 channels
Matt > Is there an advanced technical support. the hd is decoded at the box not the television. it is not authorized on the box level
Matt > if my video was distorted using hd which it is, i would say you need an hd tv
Matt > but not for authorization
Matt > the tv functions as a monitor, nothing else, the tuner is built into the dvr
Matt > which is why I am able to see High definition channels, except for those to
Matt > I can see MHD
Matt > which is hd only
Matt > i can see discovery home theatre which is hd only
Matt > in other words, there is not a standard definition discovery home theatre or mhd
Amy > You may wish to contact our repair department at 1-800-Comcast
Matt > So this could be due to a malfunction or error within the box? Not my tv?
Amy > The repair department will be able to properly assist you
Matt > Ok I will definitely contact them and hope that they can be of greater assistance regarding the authorization issue.
Amy > Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Matt > No thank you
Matt > I will call them.
Amy > It is my pleasure to assist you. We respond to chat 24 hours a day. Please feel free to chat with us again if we can assist you in any way. And, I hope you have a great evening!
Amy > Analyst has closed chat and left the room

I have had many similar conversations with any Dish csr except the tech department. I have had never had a problem with the TECH department of Dish. Don't you get a discount for working for Dish anyway on your DIsh bill? I can' t imagine why you would perfer Comcast over Dish when you work for them.

I think its more interesting that a DISH employee has Comcast Television service...things that make you go hmmmmm....

I really wonder if humans are manning the chats. I even asked that question one time when using the Qwest chat. It wouldn't be too hard to believe that they have a method of responding to questions in an automated way.

Yeah either way I have always found that E-mailing them seems to work better. You deal with the same person and it seems sometimes things get pushed through quicker.

I think its more interesting that a DISH employee has Comcast Television service...things that make you go hmmmmm....

lol. I tried to have dish installed way back when I would have started to receive the employee discount. Landlord said no to installing on roof or side of building. I don't want to point out of window lol. I have had an overall good experience with comcast. I would never give up my internet. In terms of if I had the ability to have dish would I get it? Mmmm... I honestly don't know. Yes it's the nature of tech support, but I hear problems all the time. My biggest fear is signal loss during an important event. Other than that I'm jealous of the 625. My motorola only has 60 hours and its just as buggy. But if I could get dish here with the discount you bet I would get it. I could get AEP w/ locals for about 50 bucks.

I decided to make today my day of necessary calls to Chase and Comcast to do some account maintainence. Does anyone else get anxious before calling when you have to downgrade or cancel something? It's like you know the upsell is coming....

1) Called comcast to take off starz and hbo. Heard the sales pitch about how I should keep it, declined, heard another pitch about great rates declined. Took off account, not too much resistance.

2)Step 2 on same call, HD TROUBLESHOOTING. When I informed her of the issue, she was confident it was because I did not have an HD tv. I laughed, politely said it isn't and was transferred to the repair department. Breezed through troubleshooting, Sending a hit did not resolve and hard reset didn't fix. set up a tech to come out believe it or not. Resovled for now.

3) Called chase to remove fraud detector. I originally signed up for it because I could not understand what I was signing up for. (no offense those with accents). So when I called back to cancel, I was actually surprised I could not understand what this person was saying as well. I just said kindly a few times I would like to cancel. At one point he went on a 3 minute speech about how great it is and to call back if I still want to cancel, I said I still do. Offered a free credit report, look it over, call back if still want to cancel, i said i still want to cancel. Finally cancelled, will get cancel letter in 7-10 days.

Ugh.. stressful. When people call me at dish network, they often say "do you have a direct line" "can I call you back" "oh thank god I can understand you" "you are the first person to help in 10 calls."

I get it now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts