Current/Upcoming 3D Titles and Promos

Sony Pictures mentions Open Season 3D and Monster House 3D as coming on the Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 3d Blu-ray. Someone else stated in October

Monster House preorder up:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Monster-House-Blu-ray-3D/dp/B003XJABU4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1280461833&sr=8-2-catcorr#productPromotions"]Amazon.com: Monster House [Blu-ray 3D]: Monster House: Movies & TV[/ame]

S~

Katzenberg discusses 3d

From a discussion back in March about Monsters vs Aliens and Shrek collection, Jeffrey Katzenberg of Dreamworks is quoted as saying
"You can't buy the Blu-ray 3D version of Monsters vs. Aliens or Shrek. They're exclusive to Samsung for a year. (The 4 movies in the Shrek series become available in 3D in the 4th quarter; Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D is just coming out now.)"
DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg talks up 3D in the home - USATODAY.com

More Samung 3d Blu-ray titles announced

Samsung has announed another group of films to be available this year.
HDTV Magazine - Samsung Expands Blu-Ray 3D Content and Introduces World's Largest 3D LED TV for the Home

Included in this group is "How to Train Your Dragon". Also IMAX "Into the Deep" and Galapagos" and Giant Screen Films' "Mummies: Secrets of the Pharoahs"

Not clear yet how these and the previously announced Shrek collection will be offered. Hopefully not only available with new purchases of Samsung 3D TV's. Note that the currently offered "Monsters Vs Aliens" is available with the 3d starter kit (two pairs of glasses and a movie) . The kit is free with the purchase of the Tv's and Blu-ray player from authorized dealers or can be puchased seperatlely (Of course I don't see many people purchasing the glasses if they don't have a Samsung TV).

Update:
Found a Samsung announcement that says that "How to Train Your Dragon" will be offered instead of "Monsters Vs Aliens" in a New 3d Starter kit'

Last edited:
Amazon has added 3 Documentary 3d's to its pre-order list.
Dinosaurs Alive
Wild Ocean
Grand Canyon Adventure-River at Risk

The last title was previously available from Amazon in Europe.

Dinosaurs Alive has been on D* ad nauseum. Wild Ocean Premieres Friday. I'll be getting Grand Canyon.

S~

Monster House 3d is was scheduled out today. Amazon is showing me a shipping estimate of 9/20.

Samsung has announed another group of films to be available this year.
HDTV Magazine - Samsung Expands Blu-Ray 3D Content and Introduces World's Largest 3D LED TV for the Home

Included in this group is "How to Train Your Dragon". Also IMAX "Into the Deep" and Galapagos" and Giant Screen Films' "Mummies: Secrets of the Pharoahs"

New Samsung starter kit is showing up on web for purchase (not sure if actually in stock, or preorder).

e.g. Amazon.com: Samsung SSG-P2100X/ZA (IMAX/Dragon) 3D Starter Kit, Black: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/418xfWrVX9L.@@AMEPARAM@@418xfWrVX9L

It apparently includes the three documentaries mentioned on one Blu-ray disk. And a voucher (at least for now) for "How to Train Your Dragon".

Last edited:
Pre-orders at Amazon

Amazon has now added Blu-Ray 3D pre-orders for:

Discpicable Me (4 disc)
Polar Express
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Deep Sea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts