This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Current Walmart Player Prices

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Home Media Magazine | $298 BD Player at Wal-Mart

Online they have the Magnavox for $298, S300 for $386 and the PS3 for $399(with a $100 gift card).

don't forget the panasonic BD30 for $448. Also should have a $100 gift card next week.

Only reason I left it out is its not been announced nationally( not that Ive seen). But thats a good deal too (IMHO). I think itd be better if it was $399.

Well, it would be even better if it were $349 and profile 2.0 and had all internal decoding and the $100 card with 5 free movies. Sorry, doing my best nonrev.

I was JUST in a Walmart in East Meadow Nassau County, Long Island, NY. They had 3 or 4 of the Samsungs and Panasonics in stock. Also the cheapo Magnavox. BD disc selection was NOWHERE near as good as BestBuy though

Well, it would be even better if it were $349 and profile 2.0 and had all internal decoding and the $100 card with 5 free movies. Sorry, doing my best nonrev.
Thanx, its a shame it had to be 1.0 players, and most likely that $300 player must be accompanied by a pricey new AVR purchase that can decode the HD audio so those lucky customers can have the other half of the HD experience.

nonrev, you know I'm just messing right? No hard feelings.

I do agree that yes people never realize what they are getting into initially when they buy the HD-DVD or BD players. Not too many people I know have an HDMI capable receiver that can take PCM or decode the bitstreams. Some people have the proper analog inputs but not many use them I've noticed.

$100 off ain't bad. $100 gift card at Wal-Mart is essentially $100 off. There's no way in hell the average person looking at a high def player doesn't spend $100/month at Wal-mart, Target, Safeway, Kroger's or some other store on toiletries alone.

Which blu-ray player in this deal is the best? I'm thinking about the PS3